Remove input yellow box and dropdown background?

Hey guys, finally got all my functionality done and looking to get rid of the blue boxes (chrome) on my toggling buttons and the yellow background on the input form when I click a city I have searched before. I also want to get rid of the white background of the drop-left menu. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it.

Doesn’t seem to work.

That’s weird because it does for me.

Your css doesn’t work for me.

Realized I didn’t put the bootstrap CDN in the head of the codepen…my fault.

Why would it work for me but not for you? What could cause that?

When I console log that and click on the trashcan to remove the city, I get the array of a string of the city I just deleted.

I guess maybe the last bit of functionality I need is that when I click the Add City button without anything in the searchbar, it still adds an empty string.

EDIT: Got that to work, but it is only an alert…perhaps I can make the alert a bit prettier, though.

Haha, I’m coming from a graphic design background so I absolutely understand the UX behind this is not the greatest…I am just happy to have it work. This is only the Q1 project out of four, so I am not terribly worried that it isn’t perfect.

With the alert that is on there now, how would I pretty it up? I know bootstrap has some options, but would it be on the same line but with innerHTML? A string literal?

I am also trying to remove the styling of the yellow input search history, but I can’t find out how. Might just try to remove the search history altogether.