Reset Code Problem

My code in the challenge sum-all-odd-fibonacci-numbers uses tail recursion in solving the problem.

When I test it, the browser stops, now I can’t reset the code. Even hard refreshing the browser doesn’t help.

Now I don’t know what to do and I am stucked.

I think what you need to do is add #?run=disabled to the end of the url

like this https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/sum-all-odd-fibonacci-numbers#?run=disabled

I cant find as clear of an answer for some reason as when this happened to me, so I’m not 100% sure thats correct.

Good luck!

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks a lot! It worked. But the problem is I can’t change the code or retest it because it was disabled.

You should still be able to change it. I dont remember the specifics about when your code is saved. Can you copy your code and save it to a text file on your computer? If so, do it and click reset code on the run=disabled page. type a bit of code, (can be anything, str=“pizza”; for instance), just incase that triggers the save. Load the regular version of the page. Did it save over the code with the infinite loop?

If that worked you just need to fix your saved code and paste it back in. it might be helpful to use a site like
repl.it
save frequently and even if an infinte loop gets past the loop protection, closing the frozen tab and reloading the page will bring you back to the last save.

If it didnt work I’m not sure what to do.

Good luck

You should be able to run the code manually with the “Run Tests” button. Disabling autorun just means that it won’t run when the page loads.