Reseting FreeCodeCamp Account

I’ve been away from FreeCodeCamp for some time and I would like to know if there is a way to reset my progress in order for me to start over without creating a new account.

2 Likes

Hi @rodrigo,

First of all, we’re glad you’re back and thrilled that you’re going to dive back in and keep coding.

I can certainly go in and erase your progress, but rather than doing this, I would recommend leaving all your progress for reference, and just working through the challenges again (when you complete a challenge, it will overwrite your old solution, but keep your original completion date).

Some of your solutions may be stored in your browser’s local storage, and you can purge them: https://github.com/FreeCodeCamp/FreeCodeCamp/wiki/Clear-Your-Browser’s-Local-Storage

If you really do want me to go in and delete all your progress (and all your brownie points) I could do that - just send me an email at team at freecodecamp com and I’ll do so.

10 Likes

I went through the same thing. I’d stopped, got rusty, and had to start over again. The good thing is there is a way to reset, but in order to do so you have to delete your account and sign up again. The delete button is at the bottom of the setting selection.

1 Like

Thank you for the response Quincy.

I opted for a new account with a new and dedicated e-mail. This time I’m giving it a different approach and I want to get it right from the start.

Going to do my best to stick around this time!

This does not clear history with firefox as I too wish to “start from the beginning”. So the solutions are already completed as far as I previously worked. The solution above does not work.

How can I clear firefox “answers to challenges” history?

I haven’t been on for a while so I tired deleting my account and creating another with the same email but when I verified my account it came back with the progress I had before. How do I fix this?

Quincy could you also reset my progress. I’ve also been away from FreeCodeCamp for some time and I would like to know if there is a way to reset my progress in order for me to start over without creating a new account.

Thank you very much @QuincyLarson . I would share the same destiny with @Rodrigo . starting the challenge again is better than delete the account and im going for it ,

@QuincyLarson can you reset my progress? I would like to start from square one. Thanks!

You’ll be able to easily reset your progress once we release beta :slight_smile:

Hi Quincy,

Could you please reset my free code camp account and erase my progress - it’s confusing with the answers there …
Thanks in Advance!!

Hi Quincy: can you also help to reset my progress (HTML, CSS and JS)? Thank you! I would like to start over again. Many thanks!!!

Ola
I would also like to reset my progress please. I have tried alternative routes but with no success. I need to complete some of the tasks as part of an application process.

Thank you very much @QuincyLarson

@QuincyLarson OOPS only the HTML and CSS as I have now started with the javascript.

Hey Quincy,

could you reset my progress and all my projects? I’m re-doing all my projects and freecodecamp doesn’t update them when I’m completing a challenge and entering new link.

I can’t create new account, because when I’m linking new account to my Github account, old projects are still there.

Thanks @QuincyLarson

Sure - send an email to team@freecodecamp.org and link me to your freeCodeCamp profile :slight_smile:

Thank you. My account is: https://www.freecodecamp.org/danieldauk

I would be fine with not resetting my account if I could review completed challenges rather than just the option to “View Solution” where I can’t actually read the challenge, just see the solution code.

I was directed to https://www.freecodecamp.org/map to see all the challenges and allow you to repeat them without resetting your account.

I would also like to reset my account, could you do that for me?