Responsive HTML - CSS

Responsive HTML - CSS

Hi,

I’ve been learning HTML-CSS for 2 weeks and I’ve recently applied my first project.
At this link you can find it `

> https://codepen.io/lucianoflaim/full/abOOrJZ.

`
I need some feedback to improve my skills. If possible, I would like feedback both in coding and UI.

Thank you so much for your advice!

Welcome to the forums @lucianoflaim. Your page looks good. There are a couple of things you may want to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • In CSS you have a typo that affects how it displays.
    • I used to recommend the validator in codepen but it’s giving false positives and doesn’t pick up errors that it should. I now recomment running your code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
      • there are some things you need to clean up
  • Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links
  • wouldn’t ‘more information about James Cook’ be a better link than just the word ‘link’?

I normally don’t comment too often on someone’s design choices but there are a couple of things I think you may want to rethink;

• why not emphasize the dates and do away with the bullet points
  • why is all your page content to the right? The left side is empty and just makes the whole page look odd.

Thank you so much Roma for your advice!!
I’ll change my tribute page to create something less odd and more endearing.