Below are all of the projects I have completed for Responsive Web Design. Please feel free to offer any feedback or fixes that you notice
Hey, I’ve looked through your projects
- Very short, but I really like the feel of this
- not really a fan of the hover effect on the button, not only feels unnecessary but the animation is too long and it stretches the container
- the overall look isn’t terrible, but there probably could be more space between the questions
- A bit more spacing between sections is advised. It’s a very common issue but something that always has to be considered. When all the elements come right after another and there’s not enough white space, visitors will often get the feeling of being overwhelmed and leave the page. Definitely not what you want, lol. And it’ll also just look better.
- The input elements in the form could be a bit wider, probably between 60-80% of the div
- It’s the case where not much spacing between sections doesn’t really hurt it. It’s thanks to the design which is supposed to be more “clamped” So good job there.
- Not really sure if I’m a fan of the design though, doesn’t feel like there’s much to it, but it’s completely personal preference. You’ve done pretty well with being consistent and with the choice of colors though.
- Again, a spacing issue. I feel like there’s not too much space below the headings. And you want to be consistent with bottom/top paddings.
Try removing margin from section articles and adding about 1.5em top/bottom margin to headers and see if you’d like it better. Just remember to keep the first heading and the one in top-left corner as they were.
- Other than that, looks really good. You can’t really ask for much more.
I haven’t looked for responsiveness besides in a documentation project. Try centering the text on narrow devices when there’s only one column. Right now it’s aligned to the right.
I really like your designs overall, they’re simple but have some personal style to them. Keep it up
Thank you so much for your feedback, and for going into specifics! I will definitely be going in and making some changes in accordance with the things you pointed out. I appreciate you taking the time to look them over
No problem! Good luck
I’l start my comments with #1 Tribute page:
- i like the color pallete. the page is responsive, but i would add some media query to lower the left/right paddings on
boxclasses. On mobiles they eat too much display space.
… more comments to come
As for #2 Survey form:
- I’ll check again the responsiveness part of some of the input fields. here how it would look like on a mobile:
#3 Product Landing Page
- Almost responsive. You should check some of the headings text sizes and adjust them in a media query. Here what i mean:
- To make the text more visible over an image, not always text shadows are the best choice. Take a look also on image overlay masks.
As #4 Portfolio Page
- This one, i would make it without using any framework. You have to show your power in using HTML, CSS and JS.
- No offence but it looks to me like a little modified free template. Make it more personal as content and code.