Run Tests is buggy

I took some time off from FreeCodeCamp and am jumping back in with a vengeance. The problem is that the Run Tests is not properly working on excercises I have already completed. If I clikc Run Tests with no code it will run the test and, of course, the issues pop up in the console. Then if I put in the code and hit run tests… nothing. Run Tests seems to only work on the first click.

I am having the exact same issue, the button will work on certain challenges but not on others. Or it will run the first one or two times and then become unresponsive.

Update after searching around it seems that if the syntax of the challenge you are answering is correct the button works fine. If your syntax is wrong, for whatever reason, the button becomes unresponsive.

2 Likes

This is a huge UI issue. When I get good enough I’m gonna try and fix it.

I’m on this challenge and I’m having the exact same problem as well: the Run Test button isn’t working under Chrome as well. No, I don’t want to use another browser, especially Firefox since FCC there causes massive slowdown.

Yes that is what I figured out as well. This is bad UX design. There should be some feedback.

I have the same problem. any solution ?

I’m having the same problem, how do I get past it?

My case is almost the same but a little bit different, whenever I click to run the test the test keep running without ever ending. Please, what do I do to move on? Note, I am using Microsoft Edge and google chrome.

Press ctrl + shift+ j for pc in chrome to open the browser console. You can run js code directly in the console. This will allow you to play with your code until you get the outcome described in the challenge. Copy and paste the code into fcc console. Hit the run test and it should work. Wonky yes but the best way I’ve found until the ux design is fixed.