Say-Hello-to-HTML_elements

Hey everyone. I did what the challenge has told me to do. It says to specifically make it say “Hello World”. I clicked run tests, and nothing is happening. Am I doing something wrong?

Your code so far

<h1>Hello World</h1>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.140 Safari/537.36 Edge/17.17134.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/basic-html-and-html5/say-hello-to-html-elements/

Don’t know. If I copy-paste your code it works fine.

Were you able to figure this out? I too think it should work but perhaps there is some bug. Did you get it fixed? If not let me know and I will see if I can’t help you.

Technically your tags/code is correct but the reason you could not pass the test is you haven’t include inverted commas there. include them and it will go fine.

I am having the same problem. I have tried both ways, with the quotes and without and it just says running test and nothing else happens.

"Hello World"

Hello World

I am having the same issue

Hello, having the same issue.

Enter Hello World between the tags as required, nothing happens.

Click run tests, nothing happens.

What is supposed to happen to get to the next lesson???

Thanks

Just tried again in firefox instead of Edge and it worked

I think the problem is using FreeCodeCamp on Edge and Internet Explorer. I’ve tried to work on the lessons at my work which only have these two browsers, and every time I tried to submit my answers, nothing happened. After searching around I found that these two browsers doesn’t support the latest JavaScript that FCC offers.

So in this case, I would suggest downloading Chrome and Firefox.

FCC doesn’t work on IE or Edge.

1 Like

im also having the same issue

Use the Ask for help button so that you can create a topic with your own code, and ask your own questions