Seeking a study group

Hello. I am a beginner and last week I started the JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structure Certification. After doing approximately 25 exercises, I realized that I will be more successful, If I find a study group to discuss my questions and insights.
Any suggestions on how to build a study group? My idea is to meet with them regularly (Zoom), discussing the topics and having common milestones of advancement. Thanks for your advice.

11 Likes

Yeah, coding alone is no fun. It’s a good skill but sometimes it’s nice to bounce ideas off other people. And if nothing else, it’s just good to talk with other people at different stages in this process.

Finding a meetup can be a good thing. I’d look for FCC groups on FB or Meetup. Of course, I doubt many will be meeting in person right now, but many of them are meeting online. The group I’m in here in NWA is meeting tomorrow at 7pm CST. You can join us or just find another group closer to where you are. If nothing else, C19 is probably going to greatly increase the number of online meetups.

Yeah, find a meetup - it’s worth it.

3 Likes

please can i get the zoom link

1 Like

im here we can Study together

2 Likes

What about a telegram group where we can have discussions on anything we’re confused or excited about?
I’m busy doing my responsive web projects and would enjoy joining a group of beginners for discussion and learning to ‘work together’ in a sense

5 Likes

Why can’t just create a thread within this forum for the beginners and share ideas and knowledge.
@wtaylork @kevinSmith @Ochuba @smeholli12 @matthew.rawlings6

5 Likes

I’m Interested in the group as well but, I’ll so much prefer slack channel or discord. It’ll be a good idea to have someone who is far experienced than we do probably a front-end developer or full stack developer.

1 Like

I’d be interested in joining a group too as said above, I’d also much prefer slack or Discord for it. I’m not at js yet but should be in a few days.

2 Likes

Hey Kevin…thank you thank you. Any ideas of virtual groups?. I am from Costa Rica, Central America. There is no chance I can find a group of this kind, at least in this platform. Any idea on how can I build one?

1 Like

Hello Ochuba. Would you be interested in a study group?

1 Like

Wow. smeholli12. It seems that now we are 3. Let me see who else might be interested.

1 Like

Thanks matthew.rawlings6. It seems we are having traction. There are people who are interested in the group. I will keep you posted of next steps.

2 Likes

Thanks alex. It seems we are having traction. There are people who are interested in the group. I will keep you posted of next steps.

2 Likes

Thanks passive. It seems we are having traction. There are people who are interested in the group. I will keep you posted of next steps.

2 Likes

why not join what is already there?

2 Likes

Hey there,

I would also like to join the group since I’m currently studying JS. I believe Discord will be an excellent place for such stuff.

1 Like

That invite link seems invalid :frowning:

1 Like

Try this one then: https://discordapp.com/invite/KVUmVXA

3 Likes

That worked thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Since, there is an official discord channel. I opened we join through there but I have no clue of how the group can be effectively organized considering the number of daily users. Well, keep me posted…

1 Like