Seeking multiple campers to take FCC to the next level!

I can lend a hand with the video transcription.

2 Likes

sure :thumbsup: . I am reading the ā€œhow to contribute/article with general guidelinesā€ and joined the gitter channel ā€œfreeCodeCamp/Contributorsā€.

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Got it and will do.

Thanks.

Susan
srk2@att.net

Thanks for doing the videos! They are great.

I am willing to try to help with writing Medium posts, but am curious what topics and level of expertise is required. I have done writing and blogging and would be willing to research as needed.

Just willing to give back to the community however I can!

1 Like

hey @robgaston1, I just sent out a message in the contributors chatroom asking how you can help out with Medium posts. A good first step is to join the contributors chatroom. If youā€™re willing to contribute, just make some noise and someone will direct you!

@Cairos would you be willing to translate the FCC videos into French and/or Japanese?

@SEGrooms Sorry, I must have email notifications off. That sounds great, the translations. Iā€™ll have to ask for help in French and Japanese, hopefully those Gitter channels are still open. Thereā€™s other places to ask too. But Iā€™ll be glad to do it, more practice :smiley:!

Yeah strengths I guess would be editing in the common forms, word/video/photo/audio. Eh, Iā€™ve only recorded one YouTube video before so that might not be the best right away.

Now, you mean transcriptions correct? If you wanted audio, I donā€™t know if itā€™ll allow options Iā€™ll have to see. The alternative is recording the video in a new language mimicking the original. Donā€™t mean to be redundant just trying to be thorough.

As for topics, I havenā€™t caught up to the latest videos so I donā€™t know whatā€™s up currently. Iā€™ll get back to you on it. (random thought, maybe some technical videos on environments).

@JacksonBates is currently creating English transcripts for the videos. I would suggest speaking with him. When he finished a transcript in English it would much easier for you to translate to French and/or Japanese :slight_smile:

Can you elaborate on ā€œenvironments?ā€ Do you mean interactive development environments (IDEs)?

I would love to help out on this! I am currently taking Discrete Math in college (holding a 4.0 in the class with 3 weeks left). I would totally be down to make my own videos as well as help you out with yours. Let me know what I can do :slight_smile:

• Ethan Arrowood
1 Like

Hi Ethan! Iā€™m currently working on the discrete mathematics series, but we have numerous mathematics subjects to be covered. If you donā€™t mind me asking what other mathematics courses have you taken? We currently have a bunch of open issues for statistics and linear algebra. But if youā€™re dead set working on discrete math, then Iā€™m willing to work something out!

1 Like

I am currently taking Calculus 2 for Engineers (holding a 4.0 as well). Next semester I plan on taking two math courses: Linear Matrix Algebra Theory & Probability and Statistics for Engineers. I could help write scripts and check info for the Discrete Series (and film videos for it too), and then during next semester as I take the other two math courses I can produce videos as well!

I PMed you on gitter, so we donā€™t spam peopleā€™s email.

Iā€™ve ready transcribed the Git and Networks videos, so you could start translating those. Feel free to private message me if you have questions about how the captioning works.

2 Likes

Thanks, I got some done and Iā€™ll continue but the vocabulary is beyond me. I had to google translate and cross check, as well as some old school dictionary lookups. Hopefully, some native speakers can smooth them out.

Donā€™t sell yourself short @cairos! Honestly, I didnā€™t even think about using Google Translate to jumpstart the process. Progress is progress, and the FCC community thanks you! :smiley: :tada:

1 Like

I can help with transcription of the videos as well if you still need another hand.

1 Like

Thereā€™s loads of videos - so the more the merrier!

Join the contributors room on Gitter and just give a heads-up when you start working through a particular set so others donā€™t do them at the same time.

Pro tip: the ā€˜auto generateā€™ tool is really accurate! I did the first two by hand, but when I started relying on the auto transcripts I got much faster. You basically just need to check mis-heard words and add appropriate punctuation.

2 Likes

I would be interested in helping if you have some interesting work to do. I have a Ph.D. in math from U.C. San Diego. My research background is in stochastic models of cancer. I am still new to Free Code Camp, but I did create a Linear Algebra pen on the Code pen site:

1 Like

Sorry, in my last post I should have mentioned that this kind of thing is what motivated me to start Free Code Camp. I would love to create some interactive mathematics software that I was missing in my classes.

1 Like

I Can help transcripting the videos and making new videos, I will be glad to help you with that

1 Like