Recently I stumbled upon these articles and wanna to set up my own local server environment so that I can get a feel of what web development is all about.
- set up lamp stack (done) https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-linux-apache-mysql-php-lamp-stack-on-ubuntu-16-04
- install phpMyAdmin https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-install-and-secure-phpmyadmin-on-ubuntu-16-04
- initial server setup with ubuntu https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/initial-server-setup-with-ubuntu-16-04
- how to set up virtual host https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-set-up-apache-virtual-hosts-on-ubuntu-16-04
- secure apache with lets encrypt https://www.digitalocean.com/community/tutorials/how-to-secure-apache-with-let-s-encrypt-on-ubuntu-16-04
Right now I just finished step one. I set up lamp stack on my local machine. (my OS is ubuntu 18.04)
But what is the next step??? If I just wanna develop my own website, do I need do anything else from above?
Or I should just starting to write website right now and learn how to do the rest when I migrate my site to real server ?
I am confused.