Can we have an option to edit other user’s posts?
- To format posts for proper readability (like code blocks, spoilers etc.)
- To correct grammar, spellings etc. as it is not important that everyone is proficient in English
- For any other unintentional error that the user may have made
- Poorly formatted posts also have a degrading user experience
Who can propose an edit
I’d say anyone who is at a trust level “Member” or higher.
I am not saying that any other user edits a post, and it is accepted, but another user can at least propose an edit. This edit will appear in (maybe) an “Recent Edits” tab, from where it can be accepted.
How is an edit accepted?
Maybe we can have a scoring system - that an edit needs a score of at least (say) 25.
Scoring System (based on Trust Levels)
Each vote(upvote and downvote) from the users can count as follows
- The Original Poster(OP) : +infinity| -infinity
- Member : +5 | -1
- Regular : +10 | -2
- Leader : +20 | -8
- Moderators : +infinity | -infinity
This criteria can also be changed for say different categories, or based on the date the post was made.
The OP can revert back the edits if they feel so, and their decision would be final.
After all, I think this will be a good addition to this Forum, but changes should be incorporated in the above mechanism as required!
P.S. Please ignore if such a thing already exists as I wasn’t able to find it.