Simple daily projects/exercises?

I’ve been working on FCC and Codecademy for a year+ and found both to be great resources. I’m currently working on FCC algorithm scripting and have run into a problem that I suspect isn’t unique. I find that I’ll begin to work on algorithm exercises, but when it comes to going back to basics, I find myself pretty rusty. I only have a set amount of time during the day to code, and it’s not always the same time. What I envision is spending 30-60 minutes as a “warmup” and possibly building a project portfolio and devoting the rest of my coding time to “learning.” The problem is, I don’t know where to look to find a guideline for the project/exercises I just described. Does such a thing exist, and if so, can someone point me in the right direction?

Are you looking for a place to challenge your skills to develop projects with? I noticed you haven’t fully completed the FCC curriculum, it sort of looks like you’re at the Twitch.TV challenge.

That was one of the first challenges that stressed me out on FCC. Completing it, though, gave me a lot of confidence in what I was doing, and helped me overcome what at first seemed insurmountable obstacles in later challenges.

I think if you can find a way to complete the FCC curriculum, that would be best. And I also see it’s been a while since you’ve completed many of the algorithms, you may want to do them over again. Also codefights provide some good algorithm testing too, and they rely on solid understanding of the basics too.

I hope this helps somewhat :slight_smile:

Helpful info, thanks! Codefights looks like a great outside resource.