So I made a Meme Generator

So I made a Meme Generator

As my own spin off after creating the Random Quote Machine, I created a Random Meme Generator that uses the Reddit API to return posts out of the “Dank Memes” subreddit and display the image from the post to my Application.

I chose Reddit’s API because posts are updated regularly, so new content/images will display to my generator on a daily basis.

So if you are a memer I hope you enjoy this application as much as I do, please let me know what you think :+1:

Disclaimer: Please be aware that some of the content returned from Reddit can be very insensitive to certain topics so viewer discretion is advised.

Meme Generator

FeelsGoodMan

I like memes. But this feels like it has only few. I thought there is a larger database of memes.

Well I messed with the API call a lot, but when I tried to set the limit over 100 responses, it still only responded with 100 and out of that 100 only about 60 other them had a url of an image instead of a broken json link.

I will definetly take a look at it again to see if I can expand by getting more JSON responses but for now it’s the only the limited responses. Although they do change daily with new content being added to reddit.

Also some of the same pictures will generate more than once before new ones because it is randomized.

I would like to work on this together and help you when I have time. At the moment I am overloaded with apps to do for others.

I sexually identity as an attack helicopter btw, so I hope we can be best friends now that you don’t need to assume my gender.

I would definitely like to expand on this project, it was a really fun one so that sounds good to me!

And we can be best friends because I happen to be PC so I would never assume the gender of another person.