"Stand in Line" Lesson - Completly stuck

I am completely stuck on this lesson, I don’t even know where to begin. It feels like whatever is to be done to do this hasn’t even been discussed yet. What is up with all the gobbly gook down at the bottom, JSON? I know we haven’t talked about that yet.

And why do these lessons keep saying “Build a function named Blah Blah” and then the code window already has a function named blah blah in it. Just adds some confusion even on the simplest lessons.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Like

You can always remove the functions and write yours if it is a problem.

Texxs: Great timing, as I just finished this after being stuck for > 30-mins. Hint: inside the function, you need the push method, in addition to a var that equals the shift method, then return the var. The JSON stuff is just to show the two methods, since you’re only returning one.

Also, as P1xt demo’d, using Repl.it is the only way I can figure anything out, so I highly recommend it for trial & error. Just go to repl.it and click on Javascript. You can save your sessions and they become good practice references.

I didn’t know that, thanks.

Thanks for the encouragement. I’ll review the last few classes, I guess I lost something when taking a break.

Also you rewording the problem seemed to help a lot too. thanks

Never used repli.it before, I’ll give it a shot. looks like code pen but for more languages. . .?