Starting JQuery

Hi, just starting on Jquery and stuck on challenge 99. I’m not sure how to close the script element or what else I need to do to pass this challenge. The instructions:

1. First, add a script element at the top of your page. Be sure to close it on the following line.

2. Inside your script element, add this code: $(document).ready(function() { to your script. Then close it on the following line (still inside your script element) with: });

This is what I have:

<script $(document).ready(function() { });

Can someone help me with what I’m doing wrong? Thanks!

The $(document).ready(function() { }) part should be in between an opening and closing script tag:

<script>
  // Your code here
</script>
1 Like
<script $(document).ready(function() { });

Like this? I tried that but still says it’s not correct.

<script 
$(document).ready(function() {
        });
</script>

I meant this sorry. And for some reason everytime I post this it doesn’t show the ending script tag even though I type it.

1 Like

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into the forum, remember to precede it with a line of three backticks and follow it with a line of three backticks to make easier to read. See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

markdown_Forums

Almost, but you will have to close the opening tag at the first line.

1 Like

remember how you kept all the CSS code between two style tags like so:

<style>

CSS code { 
     blah : blahBlah;
    }

</style>

you are doing the same here for all the JS and jQuery… putting the code between script tags as @BenGitter demonstrated above

Edit: the document.ready stuff is jQuery that waits til the page loads and then executes, so it needs to be between both tags…

a little blurb on: $(document).ready()