Steve Jobs Tribute Page - first project, could you give me feedback?

Hello everyone!

I just finished my very first project, which is the Tribute Page. I decided to make it about Steve Jobs.

Steve Jobs Tribute Page

I’d appreciate any feedback you can give, both positive and negative.

EDIT: This is a copy of my comment below, I felt it was worth adding:

The problem with the images has been corrected. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

One odd thing I noticed is that the page doesn’t always format. It works fine on Firefox using my desktop, but on my laptop it doesn’t. On my laptop, it also doesn’t format correctly using Chrome but it does work while using Maxthon MX5 on both my laptop and desktop. Very odd.

The top page with the bobblehead is meant to have a quote beside it.

And every image is also meant to be shown with the text directly beside it. For some reason it can get wacky in certain circumstances.
“Steve Jobs” in the beginning is meant to be on the same line.

There are problems with images :confounded:

Thanks for taking time to give some feedback! What exactly is happening with the images? Everything seems fine on my end, even when adjusting window size. I haven’t tested it out on mobile yet, is that what you viewed it on?

Hi @warpengage,

There is a problem with your images (only this message is shown):
“discover pixabay free images not hotlinking”

CSS:

• A name like that can be confusing:
 .body2 {
}

HTML:

• Do not use <br> to increase a gap:
 <div class="middlepageleftquote">
         <p> <br> <br> <br>“It is in Apple’s DNA that technology alone is not enough— <br> it’s technology married with liberal arts, married with the humanities,<br> that yields us the results that make our heart sing.” <br> <br><br><br><br></p>
       </div> 

MDN documentation:
<br>: The Line Break element - HTML: HyperText Markup Language | MDN

Do not use <br> to increase the gap between lines of text; use the CSS margin property or the <p> element.

Cheers and happy coding :slight_smile:

The problem with the images has been corrected. Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

One odd thing I noticed is that the page doesn’t always format. It works fine on Firefox using my desktop, but on my laptop it doesn’t. On my laptop, it also doesn’t format correctly using Chrome but it does work while using Maxthon MX5 on both my laptop and desktop. Very odd.

The top page with the bobblehead is meant to have a quote beside it.

And every image is also meant to be shown with the text directly beside it. For some reason it can get wacky in certain circumstances.
“Steve Jobs” in the beginning is meant to be on the same line.

I just made my tribute page which is about Steve Jobs too (https://codepen.io/nada002/pen/yLMbBbL how it looks?

@nada002, please stop posting to older posts. Open your own topic if you’d like other to look at your project.