Study group channels and online meet-ups, voice chats, slack, discord etc...

Hello there,

Does anybody knows if there is anywhere on the web where we can “meet” and connect with other developers online and ask for help, make friends, voice chat, exchange ideas etc… I mean not forums but other channels, other alternatives…

Like study group channels, online meet-ups, voice chats, slack, discord etc…

?

There are a few discord groups, from Coders Dungeon to Program and Coffee. I have been a part of two attempts at setting up a slack, and in both cases the response has been lukewarm. One of them is still a going concern, FCC Study Buddies.

Now, with those as with anything, you get OUT of it what you put INTO it. In the last few days, there have been some folks coming in and being insulting or annoying or spamming their particular ethos. When you find a study group, be respectful, as you might be with a RL study group. The folks you will find in these groups are almost all learning. Some are further along that way, and willing to mentor new coders, and some are still just beginning. All are welcome, but make yourself a valued resource to whatever community you find. Please.

4 Likes

Thank you snowmonkey, I will check those groups soon!