Supplements to FCC

Hi guys, I’m new to this forum. I hope this post is allowed here.

A little introduction to myself - I am a 1st year computer science student who is tired of not making any income for myself yet. I am hoping to be able to do some freelance work as a part time job whilst I study - but the thing is I don’t know how to make anything yet. I tried doing FCC back in november and I just couldn’t get through with the curriculum - there was no material on the site. I know this is the format of FCC - you’re supposed to find that on your own. But I’ve never learned that way, I appreciate good books and tutorials. So my question is here, are there any resource lists to being able to achieve what I want? I suppose I’m looking to finish the front-end certificate. Starting next week, I have an entire four months to dedicate myself to this. I have rather good work ethic so I can see myself working at the program 4+ hours atleast everyday. With all this being said - do you have a list of books/courses/whatever in order to finish the certificate?

What I know so far:

• OOP
  • Java
  • My problem solving skills are capable of finishing all the exercises on codingbat.com, finishing Recursion 2. I don’t know if that is good or not since codingbat seems to be rather introductory.
  • Some android
  • C and UNIX.
  • Somewhat good at mathematics

With all this being said, I hope this isn’t frowned upon here but I was also considering the odin project since they give the material you need to learn. Will this affect me if I learn ruby on rails over nodeJS? Since I am hoping to do freelance work I figured it wouldn’t, but it seems like knowing nodeJS would open more doors for me if I do change my mind.

Welcome! A very popular list of books, resources, and study plan can be found at Guide: Get Job ready with 1 FCC cert, 3 projects, 2 courses, and 10 books. Check out that author’s popular links for other great lists. Best of luck!

Explore the forum - there are countless recommendations.