I know I could have done quite a bit better and put more stuff in it, but what do you guys think? My design skills are horrid, i know :). Here is the link: https://codepen.io/dtblanken81/pen/PowaPGB
Hi @dtblanken81, your form looks okay but there are some things you should revisit;
- Keep the test script when forking the pen (
<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 6/17 user stories.
- there is a lot of whitespace. A lot! It doesn’t make sense or add value to the page. I normally don’t comment on someone’s design but this is too distracting.
- you don’t need to do all that pattern matching for email and age
- make it so users can click on the labels for the radio buttons and checkboxes, not just the radio buttons and checkboxes
- why are all the checkboxes preselected? A user shouldn’t have to uncheck anything
- learn how to use placeholder text for ‘textarea’. Users shouldn’t have to deleted a bunch of text so they can add their own
- change the cursor to a pointer when hovering over the submit button
Thanks for the critique :). I will take everything you said and learn from it :). I am not really planning to do it for a living, just want to learn for the fun of it, but thanks for the advice and I will learn from it for the future.