[Survey Test Page] I'm about to throw my laptop out the window!

Hi all,

I need a little help in understanding why my survey form is failing on a single mark listed below:

User Story #14: Inside the form element, I can select several fields from a series of checkboxes, each of which must have a value attribute.

I have the < form > element, which the < ul >, < li >, and < input type=“checkbox” > all fall within and the input element has a value attribute, yet my page continues to fail at the point when running it on the FCC fork-page.

I’ve looked at other students projects and compared to mine and I can’t seem to find the issue, I’ve even tried removing the < ul >< li > elements altogether and placing the < input type=“checkbox” name="#" value="#" > only, but this still doesn’t pass the test.

Link to my CodePen survey.

I’m fresh out of ideas and I’m hoping a fresh pair of eyes will be able to spot the issue instantly.

Many thanks for your help in advance!

All tests passed when I ran your page through testing.
Some errors I found:

• Remove the placeholder attribute from your selection element; It is invalid.
  • Assign a default option value for your dropdown. Use attribute: selected="selected"

Thanks for your help, I’ve made the changes mentioned below. Yet upon running the test again I’m still on 16/17. I’ve deleted the FCC test pen and reopened from the project link, copied my HTML/CSS over and that’s not helped either.

May I ask for a link to the test (if you still have it) then I could fork it and rerun if it passes I could then save that as my completed project?

this is quite beautiful, though

Hey Zenidith,

What’s beautiful?

1 Like

I followed the link above and it passes all the tests.

Passed for me as well (and I’m on FireFox) so not sure what’s going on. Chrome is the best browser to use for the FCC tests. FF is okay, have read that IE/Edge may be a problem.

Thanks, I’ve tried in Chrome and it’s passing. I think I’ll be using it for the rest of my tests moving forward.