Technical Document Page FCC

Hello all!

I am having trouble passing one test on this Tech Document.

“On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.”

This is the error I keep receiving even though I am pretty sure my navbar is fixed to its position.

If anyone knows of a solution, please let me know!

2 Likes

No, it’s not fixed.

Add the following code and you’ll see the beautiful green 16/16 showing up on your screen

#navbar {
  position: fixed;
}
4 Likes

Thank you! I can’t believe I didn’t see that!

1 Like

It’s okay. It may happen to anybody.

Good Luck & Happy Coding.

hello campers. i am having thesame problem please.

. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

2 Likes

Add #navbar {position: fixed} to CSS, make sure header in navbar is not centered

Hi all … Please help

i have position the #navbar fixed by css and also its left side of the screen while its on desktop … but still show the same error any one please help

thanks a lot

Hello!

I show that you are passing all tests.

In the future, don’t be afraid to make your own forum post if you have questions that aren’t answered by another post. :slightly_smiling_face:

thanks god i don’t know why it was showing that error last time …

thank you too … for your time :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I face the same issue with the nav-bar - I try again and again, but nothing is working. Can you help me fix it?

1 Like

Hello campers am having issues finishing my technical documentation on

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left side of the screen and should always be visible to the user.

Hey campers. I’m having the same issue as everybody else. It keeps saying:

1. On regular sized devices (laptops, desktops), the element with id=“navbar” should be shown on the left half of the screen. It should always be visible to the user and should remain stationary. You may need to enlarge the viewport or zoom out to ensure the navbar doesn’t scroll with the page content.

Here’s my code:

Solution:
Comment out your media query, enlarge your browser and test again. It will pass the test. Uncomment the media query and it will pass the media query.
Hope this helps!
Happy Coding!

Hey there,

This topic is now 7 months old, and has already been solved. We appreciate your desire to help the community, but recommend that you find active topics which haven’t been solved. :slightly_smiling_face: