Technical Documentation (JS docs) [ Feedback Needed]

Hi,

I have completed the Technical Documentaion Page project in 8 hours, (from midnight till morning). I did most of checks necessary and added a pure CSS toggle element for sliding of side navigation bar as well. I think everything went well. I did used normalize.css to reduce the inconsistencies in various browsers. Since it was not JS so I thought I could use it.

My project URL is this:

https://technical-documentation-fcc.netlify.app/

Hopefully its not against the rules to use normalize.css. I am looking for some feedback.

Thank you for spending your precious time in looking into this. I am very grateful.

Project files are kept here for easier testing:

2 Likes

I would just say that it good only thing you could do is to write something like this
at the top of your stylesheet.

html {
  scroll-behavior: smooth;
}

and you could add some colors in the code part
Otherwise it is better than mine

1 Like

Okay I am looking into how to add syntax highlighting in code part.

Page looks good @Mr-Kumar-Abhishek. Some thing to revisit;

• On smaller screens the navbar stays fixed to the side and the same size. Only your main-doc gets smaller which causes it to overflow.

Edit: Withdrawn, my error with the way I was looking at it.

1 Like

Can you clarify more? I have tested it on Moto G4 , Galaxy S5, Pixel 2, Pixel 2 XL, iPhone 5 / SE , iPhone 6 / 7 / 8, iPhone 6 / 7 / 8 plus , iPhone X, iPad and iPad pro. In none of the above devices overflow happens. Of course the code is set to collapse the navigation bar on really small screens such as iPhone 5 but it i could be pulled back by the navigation toggle button on the left bottom corner of the screen. Code parts are given horizontal scroll bars since we cannot word wrap code as it will be difficult to read them.

I withdraw my post. I resized differently which netlify didn’t like.
Good job!

1 Like