Thanks FCC - I got my first job as a front-end developer!

If you intent to have a content heavy site, like a blog, Jekyll makes sense, especially if you don’t want or need the complexity of a CMS and databases.

If you are creating front-end apps (like most of my github repo), then Jekyll doesn’t really help.

Here is some reading on the perks of Jekyll:

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-advantages-of-using-Jekyll-to-create-static-pages

1 Like

Super – another reference; I love references!!

Never even knew that was a thing…static site generator??? Wow!

One final question, please: so is it possible to have a static portfolio site showcasing dynamic web apps?

I ask 'cause to my way of thinking, the webpages themselves are static so as they are “containers” for the web apps – which are dynamic by definition, right? – this should be impossible.

But then again, maybe web apps “run on their own,” “independent” of their “webpage-containers” – right? – which is maybe how something like Google Maps first got started way back when, back in the days of static-y Web 1.0 (IIRC!!)…

THANKS!!!

Congratulations (I know, it’s only a year later)! I just came back from visiting a friend in Portland a few days ago. I enjoyed reading your post and all the excellent advice you provided. It’s encouraging to know that you stuck with it (even after taking a few weeks/months off)…and eventually you picked up where you left off and still met your objectives. Nice job!

1 Like

Wow! I really enjoyed hearing about your experience. It’s great motivation to keep me going. Congratulations and good luck with your first job. :grinning:

1 Like

This is awesome and motivating, good luck :wink:

That article is really amazing!

what is FCC mam? I am looking for a new career in tech. Can you please guide me with resources on which I should rely. I have no experience in development and no knowledge. I want to learn new in demand skills. Can you suggest some of those plus resources from where I should learn them.
Thanks in Advance!

Free Code Camp - this is the forum, for example

the curriculum can be found at freecodecamp.org/learn

there are also a publication ( freecodecamp.org/news ), a podcast, a youtube channel, a discord server…

thankyou for your reply. Curriculum here is lengthy can you share other resources other than this?

The curriculum is lengthy because there is a large amount of knowledge and skill that is required to become a developer. You can’t short cut the learning and still know what you need.

Understood! But can you suggest which course to select amongst them? I mean i should start with python Css or html?

if you want to do web development start from the top and do all the certs in order to the bottom, you could also listen to the podcast for general infos in the programming world and job search advices