The donation popup still shows up even though I am already donating

The donation popup still shows up even though I am already donating

I am working through the FCC curriculum and have previously signed up to donate to FCC each month. Despite this, I still get the Donate popup showing up after a few challenges. It’s really annoying and I’m wondering how to remove it, now that I am donating?

1 Like

I think this happens from time to time, and as far as I know it isn’t the intended behaviour.

A while back @QuincyLarson mentioned contacting him if the issue affected you - presumably that’s still the only solution for now?

1 Like

Thanks @JacksonBates!

0 Likes

Hi ,I am from India and I donate to Freecodecamp. Stripe did not work for me and I set up paypal to donate. can this be marked somewhere as the donate popup keeps coming up often.

Thanks
Deepika
my freecodecamp username is deepikag

0 Likes

I also donated few $, hope popup will stop now :slight_smile:

0 Likes

+1 me too… my monthly donation plan went through, but its still prompting me to get on board and donate.

0 Likes

Hi, also donating via PayPal and the popup still appears time to time.

Could you update the database, please?

Many thanks and kind regards,
Vilmos

0 Likes

+1 I donated via PP before I started my first Challenge and the popup request to donate continues.

If the pop-up is going to continue, it should recognize a previous donation and ask if I’d like to make another one.

0 Likes

I made a single donation (monthly donation is still a bit to much for me) but I still receive the pop-up. Is there a way to get rid of this pop-up or is a monthly donation the only way?

And I am with @ValLynn on this. Even one time donations should be recognized. Perhaps you can delay the pop-up for a certain amount of time on those that made the one time donation before asking them if they want to donate again?

Something like: “Hello! You have previously donated to Free Code Camp, would like to make another one?”

0 Likes