Theme For the Forum

Hey, guys!

I find myself visiting the forum a lot and I think it’s the worst feeling when I’ve been in a dark room for awhile, and visit a site that’s really bright colors.

So I just spent a few minutes creating an extension to dim the lights on the forum.

Now, that’s only 2 lines of JavaScript(not including the json file(going to be adding more)), not a crazy project, but I found it to be a quick fix to a small problem!

If you like this idea, you can fork the repo here: https://github.com/username1001/fcc-forum-theme (or just take the code and run :smile:)

It would be interesting to see what other people come up with. If you decide to change the colors, and create your own extension please upload a picture!

EDIT: I added some more JS, so the text for titles and the numbers to the right are now gold.

4 Likes

I think my seizure theme is more useful. I am 100% positive it can give you a worse feeling.

4 Likes

seizure theme
Take it hard on your eyes, get yourself a seizure!

Hahaha, that’s great! You’re 100% correct, that would probably invoke a headache after a few minutes. :stuck_out_tongue: Really creative though, it’s pretty neat.

1 Like

For your consideration

3 Likes

Is it animated with a gif?

Previously: Forum night mode?

I checked the forum’s settings, didn’t see any styling options. I always forget about the search feature. :upside_down_face: Anyway, here’s three more themes! Lol.