Think It, Do It, Conquer It!

What is it that gives you a hunger for learning how to code? Is it a hobby, interest, or are you doing it because you love coding and might be able to make a career out of it?

I feel like most of you are very ambitious individuals built with a caring and artistic personality along with an overall desire to create something that is bigger than yourself. That is what’s so great about coding, you are only limited to your imagination. It can be overwhelming sometimes when you are looking at code or working on some of the challenges in Free Code Camp. When I had my first taste of the JavaScript challenges I said “man, this stuff is so smart. How can letters, numbers, and all those crazy looking symbols build an application that drives a multi-billion dollar company to success or create a website where people can upload photos, post a status and play their games?” The answer is people like you, the machine behind the code that gives it power, thought, and ability. Its people like you whose creations changed, not just the technological industry, but the world as a whole. I have spent many sleepless nights pondering “What is that next big thing? What can I create that will change this world or the way we do things?” maybe I should I build a business that develops applications for companies because then I would get to code all the time and integrate my own thoughts into the business strategy! Wait… that stuff already exist. I mean, my chances of succeeding in that category are low because the idea was already superseded by individuals before me. It feels like everything has already been thought of, that there is nothing left to create or improve but believe me. That next idea or creation is out there my friend and has yet to change the world. I promise you.

Where are you going with this?

When you are learning to code don’t limit your abilities by telling yourself that you are kind of good and you think maybe in a couple of years you could get a great job coding if you practice hard enough. It’s more than that, SET A GOAL and conquer it! The people who create these applications and websites that you use every day, like Facebook and YouTube, are no smarter than you. If your goal is to get a job coding then do it, and if your goal is to be an entrepreneur then create what you think could help people. Find a need and meet that need with your coding skills, just don’t limit yourself or give up because you can do whatever you set your mind to. I have a video at the bottom that I really want you guys to watch, I hope you benefit from it as much as I did. Happy coding and remember, creating things with code is only limited by your imagination.

Steve Jobs’ 2005 Stanford Commencement Address

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF8uR6Z6KLc

I am a youtuber

12 Likes

This is a very inspirational post! Thank you for your time to post it.

Great job and keep the faith.

1 Like

thanks @FlipTheDev for commenting! I am so glad you found it inspirational!

1 Like

That is, ladies a gentlemen, a world-changer attitude.

Please, don’t let the words drop out and forget them: embrace this though, and challenge yourself.

Keep up the good work, and remember: Sharing is Power.

1 Like

A new programer ,One world ,One dream.