This is my first tribute page

https://codepen.io/saurabh-singh-negi/pen/abORVQy Please provide a feedback on how i can improve

Good job maybe add a little shadow to the picture?

1 Like

I opened it on my phone. Doesn’t look good

@im_saurabhnegi, your page looks okay. Some things to revisit;

• On using codepen. codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.

• Mentioning because you have an opening html tag but no closing one so that part is incorrect. Also, this is incorrect <doctype! html> and will throw an error in a validator. It should be <!DOCTYPE html>
    • also don’t need to have the link to the stylesheet. Once again, codepen provides the boilerplate template so that is included
  • Since you made the dates bold to start each part of your timeline consider getting rid of the bullets

• Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks. Use margin and/or padding in CSS

• Review the lesson about giving meaningful text to links

• ‘wikipedia entry’ is not accessible
  • One a side note, the sample projects are just that, samples. It shows one way of doing it. You should try and come up with someone you’d like to tribute and make a page based on them giving it your own style.

1 Like

Thanks for the review. It was of great help