Thoughts on My Technical Documentation Page?

Hi,

I’d be really grateful if you could take a look at my Technical Documentation Project and tell me what you think. Should I change anything for better user experience or responsiveness? I’d love to hear your comments :slight_smile:

Here’s the link: https://codepen.io/kristina-v/full/ZEzrYdO

Thank you and I hope you like it :smiley:

7 Likes

Congratulations. I think it is a beautiful page and i think it would be better if you reduce the width of the container for the main content when in desktop mode so that the lines of text do not span entire browser window for better reading experience.

1 Like

Fantastic !! Beautiful page. I also like the animations on side.
Keep it up

1 Like

Great design, I like the gradient border on the navigation, my only suggestion would be to change the font-size of your h1 element nested within your header to 1.5rem, as it appears to be overflowing on my screen. If you prefer to use px, 1.5rem is equal to 24px.

2 Likes

I really like the design. Looks and feels great. The only flaw I see is the overflowing h1 in the header, as stated earlier.

1 Like

@WalrusPrince16 thanks a lot for pointing this out. It doesn’t overflow on my screen so I really appreciate the comment :slight_smile: I tried to fix it by using px, so if you get a chance, I’d be grateful if you could check it out and let me know if it worked? (and yes, I know using absolute measurements is bad practice but the word ‘documentation’ was too long to be flexible) :sweat_smile:

@nibble thank you for your insights! I increased padding for larger devices, so hopefully now it looks a bit better :smiley: thank you again for your feedback, I appreciate it!

Love it, especially the gradient effect on the coding snippets.

Maybe:

• Add a syntax highlighting library
  • Change the heading font
  • Fix the part where it says “JS DOCUMENTATION” being so close to the hamburger menu icon.
1 Like

@luishendrix92 thank you for your feedback, I’ll see what I can do about the first two points, but as for the third one, if by the hamburger menu icon you mean FCC Test Suite, I can’t change how it shows (frankly, I don’t even really consider it a part of the page) :slight_smile: But thank again for your comments, appreciate it!

It’s not overflowing for me anymore, looks like you fixed it. I’ve just gotten used to using rems from some of the courses on CodeAcademy, another site I occasionally use for coding classes.

@WalrusPrince16 Yeah, definitely good to keep in mind! :slight_smile: And thanks again!

Wow! you picked an amazing font that totally matches the color of your page.
Great job on the animations and the layout.

You did a GREAT job! Keep up the great coding!

1 Like

@ConnerOw1115 Thanks for your feedback, I’m glad you liked my project! :smiley:

1 Like

You’re welcome. always glad to give feedback.

1 Like

Great job! I like it a lot

1 Like