Todays free eBook 16/11: Object-Oriented JavaScript - Second Edition

https://www.packtpub.com/packt/offers/free-learning

11 Likes

yeh its a good 'en today :slight_smile:

The title put me off because of Eric Elliott’s article: https://medium.com/javascript-scene/the-two-pillars-of-javascript-ee6f3281e7f3#.568qimd1k

I’ll get it because I trust @p1xt’s recommendations - but am I missing Elliott’s point in thinking it’s relevant to this book, or is he talking about a fundamental misunderstanding people have with OO in JS that this book does not really suffer from?

JavaScript does functional and OO programming as my beginner books keep telling me, so makes sense to learn both to me.

Everything I’ve done so far is mostly functions calling functions so i’m quite keen to see how OOP works.

I’m still newbie enough that whenever anyone says anything even mildly authoritatively, I’ll buy it, hook line and sinker.

I guess part of me was also looking for an excuse to write off such a long and detailed book :slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought the Stefanov book on React was decent, so I’d give this a look too.

Thankfully I downloaded it yesterday. I had to use PHP for a single semester of college, and I’m in no hurry to go back there!

@P1xt If you want a copy of the OOP JS ebook, I can upload it somewhere for you to download.

Darn, I missed it. Just saw this post, anyone care to share their copy ? *puppy eyes *

yeh what you need? Just msg me with the titles and your email address. Don’t seem to be able to attach to a PM.

@MARKJ78 Alright will do. Thanks a lot, man. :slight_smile:

Hey, can you get me OOP, Angular, and React too? My email is on my profile page.

@IsaacAbrahamson don’t seem to be able to see it mate

@Azdrian can you send your email address please

You can only see your own email on your profile page - it’s private beyond that :slight_smile:

1 Like

oh, sorry man, I forgot to add my email address

@Azdrian @IsaacAbrahamson @kblock-dev

Guys you should have an email with attachments. Let me know if you don’t get it for some reason.

Cheers

2 Likes

@MARKJ78 Got it. Thanks :relaxed:

1 Like

I got it, was in the spam folder so took me a while. Thank you!

Hey Mark, could you please send me the Object-Oriented JavaScript eBook at ivdekov@gmail.com?

Hi Mark,

Can I have all your ebooks in the screenshot? :slight_smile:

M email: txtran0001@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!!