As you may have heard, @no-stack-dub-sack, @paycoguy, and @Christian-Paul have been hard at work building projects with testable user stories. We are looking for a few volunteers to attempt to build these based on their automated tests.
This is a brand-new project that should be a ton of fun to build: a drum kit! Note that the test suite may not yet work in browsers other than Chrome.
The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.
If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.
Thanks, and happy coding!
Tree Map D3 Project
Boilerplate to fork: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO
- My tree map should have a title with a corresponding id=“title”
- My tree map should have a description with a corresponding id=“description”
- My tree map should have elements with a corresponding class=“tile” that represent the data
- There should be at least 2 different fill colors used for the tiles
- Each tile should have the properties “data-name”, “data-category”, and “data-value” containing their corresponding name, category, and value
- The area of each tile should correspond to the data-value amount
- My tree map should have a legend with corresponding id=“legend”
- My legend should have legend items with corresponding class=“legend-item”
- The legend items should use at least 2 different fill colors
- I can mouse over an area and see a tooltip with a corresponding id=“tooltip” which displays more information about the area
- My tooltip should have a “data-value” property that corresponds to the given value of the active tile.
Datasets (can use any of the three):
Video Game Sales: