Tribute Page: Edgar Allan Poe

Hey Guys,

I could not think of anyone to pay tribute to right now. So, I just recreated my previous Tribute Page project and somehow made it a little bit better.

Obvious things I did:

• Made it responsive
  • Added a test suite

Check out V1 or V2

I also push any code worth committing to my github account like freeCodeCamp and RTWD repos.

Check out this specific project here and feel free to contribute.

Thanks,

:beers:,

Med
:bird: @ramidem | :globe_with_meridians: ramidem.me

I like the structure of both projects.

My only advice is to not over do the font sizes, styles and weights.

1 Like

Hi @ramidem,

I saw both version of your tribute page! The V2 is really good. :slight_smile:

I think the quotes font-size should be a bit smaller so that it will suite rest of the page. (personal opinion :grimacing:)

Best luck :+1:

Wow, thatโ€™s awesome!

Just a tip:

• Set the background on the body instead of the section, then you wonโ€™t get the white bars on the sides!

Keep up the great work!

1 Like

@anon18913258 @gauravkukade @jillokdev,

thank you for the feedback. to be honest, I just really wanted to focus on finishing the project using minimal effort as long as i pass all the tests :smiley: but, the fonts and the background did bother me even after i shared the link.

i will work on it again and make some changes.

:beers:!!

1 Like

at the Version 2 in CSS id=โ€œmainโ€
add :

#main {
border: 0px solid;
border-radius: 5px;
background: #eee;
padding: 0;
margin: 0;
}

Hi @ramidem

I was just wondering what your Github workflow looked like. In particular I was wondering how you applied this workflow to the Tribute Page project. Did you write the HTML/CSS directly within CodePen then copy & paste it into Github?

Thanks

K.

@Unmadebed I use VS Code to code FCC projects and JS exercises. Whenever I get to finish either a project or an exercise, I commit the change/s and git push to Github. However small, as long as I code or learn everyday.

Try Git and Github

:beers:,

Med

1 Like

Think Iโ€™ll consider doing something similar! Thanks.