Tribute Page - Feedback needed

Hi, everybody! Just finished the Tribute Page challenge and I would really appreciate your feedback. I get the feeling that I should get rid of some habits before they become problems.

Nice. Here some practices you should add/avoid.

1. Always make sure your website looks good on mobile (it doesnā€™t :wink:)
  2. In normal production stylesheet links go in the <head>, on codepen, they go in your css setting (I see you have the bootstrap css library there, you need to add your font there as well, we never put it in a <div>).
  3. You are using inline css in your HTML. It is not generally a good idea to have a <style></style> in your HTML, in real production we put that in a separate file (like the bootstrap file you imported), and in codepen we put our css rules in the css tab (I see you already have a couple there).
  4. you have a <div class="container"> at the top for really no reason especially with your <body> after it. divā€™s only go in the body.
  5. we donā€™t usually add a class to the body. You would want to add a div inside your body with container and silver-background.
  6. In codepen we donā€™t have to put the body element, but it doesnā€™t affect anything.

There are a couple other things, but keep practicing, and you will learn the best habits and techniques yourself.

1 Like

First of all, thank you for your feedback, it was very helpful :grin: I made some improvements to my code based on your advice, but I keep hitting the bootstrap wall. How do I get my page to be mobile responsive? I know Iā€™ve added bootstrap to codepen, so I donā€™t need to add all the links I keep finding on google about installing bootstrap, but Iā€™m missing something. Somehow, the container class to my div isnā€™t doing anything. In the training itā€™s very simple: just add div class=ā€œcontainer-fluidā€ and all the elements on your page should be responsive. Please help :sweat:

Here is a recent thread that should help you with responsive design and bootstrap:
Responsive Design Thread

1 Like

you didnā€™t put container-fluid you just put container.

I must say, the page itself looks remarkably good on my computerscreen, sadly I canā€™t check on a mobile.
greets,
lawfets

1 Like

Sure you can.

I see your tribute page is not yet responsive and thatā€™s because you use several places where width = 800px; for instance. as long as you keep giving minimum width, the page will stay the same no matter what you do.

greets,
lawfets