Tribute Page Feedback Request/Questions

Hey guys,

I just recently starting teaching myself programming and I am working on my first project, the Build a Tribute Page. I was hoping to get some feedback on it. Since I just started learning this stuff a few days ago there was a lot of trial and error involved in this project so I am sure there are a ton of ways it can be improved.

Here are some of the issues or questions I have:

• I starting working on it with the Bootstrap 4 only to realize that the lessons were made using Bootstrap 3 and not all of the syntax is the same. This caused me some confusion on things like auto-centering images until I realized what the problem was and as a result, I am not sure how efficient the code is since it is a combination of things I found around the web in the course of trying to get things to work.
  • Spacing is something else I think could be improved. I used HTML breaks to separate the different elements in a way that looked good visually, but I assume there is a better way to do that? Maybe with containers, but I am still a little foggy on how that all works.
  • I would also like to increase the margins around the timeline so that there is more space to the sides, but I am not sure how to do that without CSS or SASS (the project instructions say Bootstrap only). I think this is probably also a container thing?
  • The centering seems to work fine in my browser but when I open it on my phone it is super large and I can’t resize it.
  • Lastly, I like how the jumbotron takes up the whole page, but there is still a small bit of white at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to get rid of that?

Thanks for taking the time to look at my project and read this long post. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Lee

Thanks for the tip on the margin.

I didn’t phrase it correctly in my original post, but at the 3:30 mark in the video he mentions that this is a completely HTML project and points out that one exception he made in CSS. Maybe I am making it harder than it needs to be, but I took that to mean don’t use CSS.

Sweet, thanks for the correction.