I just recently starting teaching myself programming and I am working on my first project, the Build a Tribute Page. I was hoping to get some feedback on it. Since I just started learning this stuff a few days ago there was a lot of trial and error involved in this project so I am sure there are a ton of ways it can be improved.
Here are some of the issues or questions I have:
- I starting working on it with the Bootstrap 4 only to realize that the lessons were made using Bootstrap 3 and not all of the syntax is the same. This caused me some confusion on things like auto-centering images until I realized what the problem was and as a result, I am not sure how efficient the code is since it is a combination of things I found around the web in the course of trying to get things to work.
- Spacing is something else I think could be improved. I used HTML breaks to separate the different elements in a way that looked good visually, but I assume there is a better way to do that? Maybe with containers, but I am still a little foggy on how that all works.
- I would also like to increase the margins around the timeline so that there is more space to the sides, but I am not sure how to do that without CSS or SASS (the project instructions say Bootstrap only). I think this is probably also a container thing?
- The centering seems to work fine in my browser but when I open it on my phone it is super large and I can’t resize it.
- Lastly, I like how the jumbotron takes up the whole page, but there is still a small bit of white at the bottom of the page. Is there a way to get rid of that?
Thanks for taking the time to look at my project and read this long post. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!