Tribute page for Grace Hopper - would appreciate some feedback!

Hi, after quite some time away from freecodecamp while I waited for the new curriculum, I’ve just finished redoing my tribute page using some of the new stuff I learned:

I’d appreciate some feedback on what worked well and what didn’t! Tried a lot of new things here, and I’m sure some of them are still rough around the edges.

Things I learned:

• CSS variables are :fire::fire::fire:! It’s incredibly useful to get some of these features that were previously the domain of preprocessors inside CSS itself. I think I’ll be using them in pretty much everything I build from now on.
  • flexbox will replace floats for me for just about everything. Was curious about CSS Grid, but didn’t seem necessary for my purposes here
  • Jumping to an anchor in the same page when you have a fixed navbar is a surprisingly difficult problem! By default, the anchor would be covered by the navbar. All the CSS-only solutions I found either messed up my spacing, or worked only if I had an <a /> anchor with visible content in it, not to just any old id. So I had to resort to jQuery, which I’d have preferred to avoid.
1 Like

you did great for what the website was to supposed to be for this was done amazing. GREAT JOB!

This is really lovely!

I really liked your tribute page : Simple and beautiful . Great job ! :slight_smile:

Well done! …:wink::ok_hand:

Well done, you go further than what was expected.
Its responsive, i like the smooth scrolling and some animations you added here !
You should analyse your css and html with a tool like Css Validator and html Validator it would help you improve your code.
Well done :clap::clap: