Tribute Page for Toronto finally finished!

Tribute Page for Toronto finally finished!

Hi there!
I finally finished my tribute page (after a lot worrying and thinking about “how am i even gonna get this done?! How do I know what to apply and where?” Lol. I learned it’s very important to apply what I learned in real world projects and this project taught me a lot).

Here’s the pen: https://codepen.io/mdaw67/pen/dBagBY

Would love some feedback :slight_smile:

ul{
  list-style-type: none;
}

Did you intend to center the image?
Looks good narrow!

1 Like

i did want it centered but was having trouble.
just fixed it now!
thank you for the feedback !

Try this. See screenshot. Now you can see that you were trying to style the image’s grandparent but it was too big to affect the image.

Now you can get rid of useless styles more easily. After a break of course :grinning:

1 Like

It’s looking good @mdaw67. Some things you may want to revisit;

• codepen only expects the code you’d put within the <body> </body> tags in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • The link to your font will go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the down arrow in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link. You have some invalid elements in HTML and you’re using an id more than once.
    (Don’t use the <br> element. Use margin and/or padding in CSS to do your styling)
1 Like

Thank you very much! I’ll fix it up.