Tribute page | George Carlin FEEDBACK

Tribute page | George Carlin FEEDBACK

Hey guys just finished my tribute page, what do you think? https://codepen.io/flickscode/pen/wLNmRQ

2 Likes

It’s good. 2 questions, how does the typing animation work, and could you maybe improve the contrast of the main text?

1 Like

Nice! Love GC.
I think the animated text would work much better for the heading below his name.
Also, making it fully mobile responsive would be good.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. I learned the typing effect through this tutorial: https://medium.com/@valentyn.vasylenko/typewriter-effect-with-alternating-text-in-pure-css3-72cf0c7e6c5

1 Like

yeah he the man, I am planning on working on the site more, maybe make it more modern looking. Thanks for your feedback.

1 Like

Nice – I’d make the Wikipedia link easier to read against the background.
Also suggest making the text narrower by setting the width to a percentage – the optimal line length is considered to be 50-60 characters per line.

1 Like

Very nice!

But now I’m worried.

Were we supposed to do our own research and make a tribute page about somebody other than that Norman Borlaugh guy? I didn’t think this was meant to be a research project, just a project to demonstrate our technical ability to make our own tribute page look like the example one.

Thanks @nataliecardot good to know that, I hadn’t considered it.

Thank you @LiChoi Norman Borlaugh was just an example, you didn’t have to use the same person but you also didn’t have to make a tribute page about your celebrity of choice, as long as you coded the page and understood what you were doing you are fine. However, it is recommended that you create a tribute about someone that you like because I think these projects are meant to serve as portfolio projects so if you have the same identical project that freecodecamp has, prospect employers might see it as a copy-and-paste. Maybe you can just alter the design a little and still use the content of the page example given. At least that’s what I understood about the project so don’t take my word for granted.

1 Like

@LiChoi It is better to make your own tribute page using the id and classes you need to pass the test. You can get creative and make it your own.

@NEo47443707 Awesome page! I like the styling, font, and composition. Here are some tips:

• I am not sure the background fits the person you are paying tribute to. I would have selected something else. Just my opinion…
  • I think that the text should not take up so much of the width of the page. I am looking at this on a 24 inch wide screen monitor. The img-caption should not be wider than the title.

Great job on your page!!!