Tribute Page Jacques Cousteau

Hi! My name is Galina and it is very nice to “emeet” you here.

This is my first web project.
I would really do appreciate any comments, suggestions for its improvements :blush:

https://codepen.io/pavoninushka/pen/bGVMvPz

Thank you a lot!
Greets from Italy

1 Like

It’s fine, but color and images with the background looks somewhat garish. Otherwise great job!

1 Like

yes, I was experementing too much with dolors =) thank you so much for your kind advice!

1 Like

Welcome to the forums @Galina. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to <head> click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
  • Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
    • There are coding errors you should address.
  • Maybe add some padding so the text doesn’t butt against the sides. Will make it easier to read.
    • As an aside, it’s tiring on the eye to read text that’s centered. Left justified is more of what one would expect when reading.
1 Like

Hi dear Steve!

Thanks a lot for your good advices - I did all the corrections accordingly. :wink:

Take care

1 Like

Good job! Still working on fonts and styling, it looks like 90s webs looked alike

1 Like

Hi! Yea)) very old style. Was just because I wanted to practice different colors . Will improve next work!

Thank you a lot :wink: