Trouble with Limit Item Size Using the minmax Function challenge

Hi everyone. I seem to be missing something important here and I’m not entirely sure what it is that I’m doing wrong. I have tried several combinations of the repeat and minmax functions but cannot seem to pass. The challenge reads “Using the minmax function, replace the 1fr in the repeat function with a column size that has the minimum width of 90px and the maximum width of 1fr”. So I assumed I would literally replace the 1fr with the minmax function and its values within the parenthesis of the repeat function, however, I have also tried without parenthesis around the repeat function value, as well as with all three values set inside of one pair of parenthesis preceded by the repeat and minmax functions. I’d appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance!

Your code so far

<style>
  .item1{background:LightSkyBlue;}
  .item2{background:LightSalmon;}
  .item3{background:PaleTurquoise;}
  .item4{background:LightPink;}
  .item5{background:PaleGreen;}

.container {
    font-size: 40px;
    min-height: 300px;
    width: 100%;
    background: LightGray;
    display: grid;
    /* change the code below this line */

**grid-template-columns: repeat(3 minmax(90px, 1fr));**

/* change the code above this line */
    grid-template-rows: 1fr 1fr 1fr;
    grid-gap: 10px;
  }
</style>

<div class="container">
  <div class="item1">1</div>
  <div class="item2">2</div>
  <div class="item3">3</div>
  <div class="item4">4</div>
  <div class="item5">5</div>
</div>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/css-grid/limit-item-size-using-the-minmax-function

Hey @SpaceCatInd! Looks like all you need is a comma between the 3 and the minmax function.

1 Like

Ha! How embarrassing that it was so simple… That worked perfectly. Thank you @BlagDaggery !

No worries! If I had $1 for every missing comma, missing semi-colon, or typo in my code…

1 Like

Thanks for making the question, I had the same doubt.

Thanks @BlagDaggery!