Undertale Tic-Tac-Toe Feedback

I followed a tutorial to learn how to make a basic ai and it’s still kind of confusing but it works. I also added some insulting text to go with the ai moves to make it feel like fighting an undertale boss.

Any feedback and/or critiques are greatly appreciated!

CLICK ME

This is really nice, taking cues from Undertale works really well in this context. Colours & animations are all great, and I love the dot-matrix priter-ey sound.

I’d like to be able to play the last move - I know it technically doesn’t matter, but I wanted the whole board filled in. More indication of a win would be good - say, if the winning line were highlighted in some way (or all the other squares faded?). Some sound at the start and some sound that indicates win/lose/draw would make it pop a bit more. Making the button match the the rest of the UI a bit more would help also (the lighter font and borders jar a bit with the board and the text at the top, and the highlight colour could do with matching either the yellow or the white) A really nice thing though, really effective.

1 Like

Thank you! Glad you liked it.

Taking your recommendations into account, I added more sounds and animations. I wasn’t sure what to do with the retry button so I just lowered its opacity so it wouldn’t distract the user.