Update on the 7th Edition freeCodeCamp Curriculum

Ever since Quincy first announced the updated curriculum, we’ve made a lot of progress in the Curriculum Expansion repo. Many contributors have participated in discussions, built prototypes, and a few projects have already been broken down into hundreds of steps that will guide people as they build them. I just wanted to showcase some of the amazing work that has been done so far.

Keep in mind - these are all projects that people will build themselves - one test at a time - while working through the freeCodeCamp curriculum.

@beaucarnes’s Learn CSS Animations by Building Ferris Wheel project:

@moT01’s Learn CSS Variables by Building a City Skyline project:

@HKuz’s Learn D3 by Building a Map of Earth project:

@S1ngS1ng’s Learn TypeScript by Building a Poker Game project:

@RafaelHernandez’s Learn Responsive Design by Building a Piano project:

@thecodingaviator’s Learn CSS Grid by Building a Magazine:

@picolloo’s Learn Websockets by Building a Chat Room project:

@Marmiz’s Learn React by Building a Flappy Bird Game:

There’s still a lot of work to be done. If you’re interested in contributing to the updated curriculum, head over to the Curriculum Expansion repository. There you can check the issues and join in on the discussion about each project. Even the most basic idea or prototype will help. When you’re ready to work on a project, look for one with a help wanted label and mention @scissorsneedfoodtoo.

Don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or run into problems along the way – I’m always available, and would be happy to hop on a call to discuss your project in detail.

Note: If this is the first time you’re hearing about the updated curriculum, don’t worry – all of your progress will be saved, and we encourage you to keep working through the current challenges. When the updated curriculum is released, it will only replace the optional coding challenges leading up to the required projects for each certification. We will not change any of the 6 certifications or their required projects. Any projects or certifications that you already finished will remain completed.

6 Likes

Not going to lie those little project previews have me pumped!

I wish I could hug every person contributing to making the curriculum better. You people are the real life superheroes! :partying_face:

3 Likes

i am an fcc grad and have been meaning to contribute back for a long time. this is a great opporuntity :slight_smile: thanks for the call to action.