Use the strong Tag to Make Text Bold - PLEASE HELP

Tell us what’s happening:
Hi I cannot seem to figure this out. I have tried it over several times and I am seeing the text BOLD but it keeps telling me that “the strong tag should wrap around the words Stanford University”. - which I feel I have

Please help

Your code so far

h4 { text-align: center; height: 25px; } p { text-align: justify; } .links { text-align: left; color: black; } .fullCard { width: 245px; border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 5px; padding: 4px; } .cardContent { padding: 10px; } .cardText { margin-bottom: 30px; }

Google

Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University .

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_13_6) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.1.2 Safari/605.1.15.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/responsive-web-design/applied-visual-design/use-the-strong-tag-to-make-text-bold/

Posting just your style code doesn’t help as strong is not used in the style. You need to show the actual HTML code. From the lesson strong needs to be around Stanford university inside the p tag. Is that what yours looks like?

You are probably making the full stop after university in bold which you should not.

Hi Cody, thank you for your message

I have wrapped the strong tag inside the p element not inside the style
I will try again to re-post the code I have used:

h4 { text-align: center; height: 25px; } p { text-align: justify; } .links { text-align: left; color: black; } .fullCard { width: 245px; border: 1px solid #ccc; border-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 5px; padding: 4px; } .cardContent { padding: 10px; } .cardText { margin-bottom: 30px; }

Google

Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at **** ** Stanford University** ** .

Hello, no full stop is not in bold. Thanks for your message

I also face issue in this challenge but let me tell you how i do

<style>
  h4 {
    text-align: center;
    height: 25px;
  }
  p {
    text-align: justify;
  }
  .links {
    text-align: left;
    color: black;
  }
  .fullCard {
    width: 245px;
    border: 1px solid #ccc;
    border-radius: 5px;
    margin: 10px 5px;
    padding: 4px;
  }
  .cardContent {
    padding: 10px;
  }
  .cardText {
    margin-bottom: 30px;
  }
</style>
<div class="fullCard">
  <div class="cardContent">
    <div class="cardText">
      <h4>Google</h4>
      <p>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at <strong>Stanford University</strong></p>
    </div>
    <div class="cardLinks">
      <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Page" target="_blank" class="links">Larry Page</a><br><br>
      <a href="https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Brin" target="_blank" class="links">Sergey Brin</a>
    </div>
  </div>
</div>

Remove full stop and put element right before it no space

Again your only posting the style code, and the output. You need to post the html code. That code that has the p tag and the strong tag. There may be a missing close tag or something interfering, but I can’t say for sure if I can’t see the actual HTML code, not the output

<p> whatever text is here <strong> more text </strong></p>

That’s the code I’m looking for

Use three backticks ``` at the start and at the end. Then place your code between those backticks, so that it would be visible to everyone, or press </> this symbol in your message editor and place your code between those.

Make sure the . is not in the strong tag. Make sure you don’t delete the . and finally remove all extra spaces in the strong tag.

<p>Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at 
       <strong>
       Stanford University
       </strong> .</p>
   </div>```

Thank you for that I have tried it again

Hii thank you that worked for me. I removed gap before the closing strong tag.