I was wondering if developing my FreeCodeCamp projects (tribute page, calculator, etc) via github pages rather than Codepen is acceptable.
Codepen is fine and super easy to get started with, but I like github pages more for a number of reasons:
- You can use your own workflow and tools to complete the task
- Less limitations than codepen in terms of using assets or splitting you code into multiple files
- Closer to a real work environment
Reasons against using Github Pages I can see:
- Codepen simplifies projects by having them all in one spot.
- Git and Github pages have prior knowledge and experience required to use them. Codepen makes it really easy to just get started.
This post honestly isn’t a complaint about anything, merely an enquiry.
##Do I have to use CodePen for the front end projects?
As long as your code is publicly viewable, and you have a live demo, you can use whatever you want.