};

result = lookup[val];
  // Only change code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change this value to test
phoneticLookup("alpha");

Your browser information:

Your Browser User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; CrOS x86_64 9592.96.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/60.0.3112.114 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://www.freecodecamp.org/challenges/using-objects-for-lookups

I am wondering what to do here as I am completely lost. I had absolutely zero idea how to complete this challenge. Has this happened to anybody else here. And if so, did they go on to finally learn javascript and become a successful developer. I’m wondering where I went off track and why I’m not learning this stuff. I’m not dumb, I don’t think. I just really want to know if anyone else has had this level of difficulty and actually went on to land a career in dev? Please help.
Alex Thomas

Keep coding man, you don’t just get a job… you have to build yourself to get it.

I had to look at the solution. I had no idea what they even wanted.

I hear you brother. I’m just wondering if it’s been this confusing for anyone else. I wouldn’t expect to find a job i’m not qualified for. I mean, I was like, “HUH?” with this question. and it’s not the only one. Anyway, thanks and good luck.

Thanks a lot Randell. I appreciate the encouraging words. I will continue to press on to the light at the end of the tunnel.