We just launched Developer News. Here's how you can use it

Yes - we had particular difficulty with the Gists, but you and I can add them back in. And yes - you can set your username to whatever you want. Fill out this form real quick and you and I can hop on a Google Hangout in the next day or two to get all this updated. https://freecodecamp.typeform.com/to/tKNT0S

4 Likes

You and I can hop on a Google Hangout with you and set up an account today or tomorrow, and we can set up your account, analytics, and everything you need to edit your articles. Fill out this form real quick and I’ll write you back so we can schedule the call: https://freecodecamp.typeform.com/to/tKNT0S

3 Likes

I don’t see a way to paginate at the moment and the posts only seem to date back so far. Am I right in assuming that’s still in the works?

1 Like

We had to turn off pagination because our servers were buckling under the auto-paginate API calls from 3,000 people scrolling down over and over :slight_smile: We will turn this on as soon as we’ve MacGyver’d a solution.

3 Likes

This is just amazing. I always wanted to write for FreeCodeCamp. Just filled out the new form:)

6 Likes

Hey team, this is very cool to see :slight_smile: and congrats on the big move!

We’d love to learn more about you modified Ghost for your needs and if there are any changes we can make upstream that would be helpful to feed back into the product.

I’m also quite confident we can help you get those lighthouse scores closer to 100. Do drop me an email any time on john@ghost.org if you want to chat :hugs:

10 Likes

Happy to hear you guys are on your own platform. Would be nice to have a search feature and when it says there are 600 + articles to be able to go back or keep scrolling to see them. The site is pretty responsive though, it loaded really fast! It’s using RoR for an API and Ember in the front?

1 Like

what’s up with this page?

2 Likes

Next step is a youtube replacement lol

3 Likes

Thank you for bringing our attention to that article, @tbrown! There are a lot of articles that are cut off like this for one reason or another. Should be fixed now, though some of the pictures are still missing.

2 Likes

Can we search the news section? I don’t see that option.

5 Likes

Is there a newsletter or a way to be kept updated for new articles?

1 Like

Hi! I love the look of the new platform! Just to check, does submitting texts for publication still work as it used to and do the guidelines published here still apply?

I’d be happy to keep writing for FreeCodeCamp in the future!

1 Like

@QuincyLarson I would like to have access to new freecodecamp platform as my blogs have lost few of it’s content and code blocks in formatting and I am getting mails from the readers.

Medium link: https://medium.com/@RidhamTarpara
Username: ridhamtarpara

3 Likes

I wasn’t aware of this happening to be honest, until now. Thank you @QuincyLarson for the eye-opener.

Yes, I am all in for freeCodeCamp News. Filled the existing author form and am looking forward to continue giving out helpful content to the community!

5 Likes

Hi,

Do you think it will be easy to spawn new publications based on your open source work? That would help smaller publications with specific targets to exists without Medium, without the technical difficulties such a goal would involve.

The support for other languages is really HUGE news. FreeCodeCamp is appreciated here in France but sadly the facts that articles are in English is a big limit for many people, often the one that would benefit the most from those articles.

2 Likes

I started with FCC and its nice to be back on the platform again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hi @QuincyLarson, great to hear that freeCodeCamp still values openness and free access to information and educational content.

But I noticed a few bugs regarding one of my Medium articles on your platform.
This post is completely missing all the code that was inserted using gists which makes him completely useless for the readers. I don’t have an account yet and therefore can’t fix these problems on my own.

It would be great if you could fix these problems and thanks for your time and great.work.

2 Likes

This is amazing news! Congratulations!

4 Likes

I’m thrilled to hear this news. I’ve noticed lately that Medium has been asking me to put my articles behind their paywall at every turn. I’ve declined because like fCC I want to make all of my content accessible to anyone who wants to view it.

I do have a question though, if we submitted articles for publication on Medium before the move what happened to those? Have they been moved over to the News platform? If not where can I resubmit those?

I also just filled out the form to be an author on News as well.

Again, I’m very excited for this change and look forward to the great articles here on the new platform! :smiley:

6 Likes