We just launched Developer News. Here's how you can use it

@Steffan153 Search is one of the features that will definitely be implemented. From what I can tell Algolia search will be used.

5 Likes

Good, thanks. Algolia search is very good :+1:

3 Likes

Really disappointed by FreeCodeCamp, I had an appointment booked “to fix” and create an account but no one called me. I tried again to book one and no answer. I’m thinking to take legal action. Anyone in the same case as me?

(This message is in no official capacity)

Would you be able to be a bit more patient? I am sure that @QuincyLarson is really busy and will be able to help you in the near future

3 Likes

It’s an enormous task to call all the writers for a publication as large as freecodecamp personally. My first call got canceled just like yours since I was a few minutes late, and there’s a really tight schedule of back to back calls.

But it was straightforward to re-schedule a call with @QuincyLarson. Just wait a little longer, and he’ll walk you through all the new features and tools you’ll have with freecodecamp news. Trust me; it’s far better than anything Medium has to offer. More views for your articles, more tools to embed content, easy crossposting, etc.

It’s worth the wait.

I’m a huge fan of Algolia search. Can’t wait for it to be implemented on the freecodecamp site!

Will you update the theme on GitHub to include the search bar? I’m planning to use a variant of the Developer News theme for my blog as well.

3 Likes

@QuincyLarson I’m getting an unread notification on this article even if I’ve read it. Should I create an issue on GitHub?

Hello @QuincyLarson I had signed up to become an author but still I didn’t received any emails of confirmation. Do I be able to post an article on news please help…

i received an email about having my articles transferred to the new fcc news page. i submitted the form to claim my account for those articles about a week ago. havent received a response yet. the form i filled out didnt seem to be specific to former authors on fcc medium but to general future authors. is there a different link for those who were already writing for fcc medium?

i am really tired of medium paywalling my content. i have many articles on there that id like to remove and bring over to fcc news. please let me know how i can get this sorted out @QuincyLarson. thanks for fcc and for providing a much better platform.

2 Likes

Hi @QuincyLarson ,

Do you plan to implement a clap or like feature where the readers can clap for or like an article?

3 Likes

This article seems incomplete: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-to-overcome-your-fear-of-writing-by-writing-like-you-code-d0d6edb9ff62/

Hi Vince, thanks for your patience. I just saw your comment here.

At our scheduled time, I waited for 15 minutes in the Google Hangout linked from the calendar invite.

You didn’t show up, so I just kept working on other things while I waited. It’s no big deal to me - it was just a misunderstanding. We can meet next week if you have time.

I’m DM’ing you about scheduling another Google Hangout to set up your author account.

If you can reproduce this bug in Discourse, yes - I would recommend opening a GitHub issue on Discourse and they may be able to figure out what is causing it: https://github.com/discourse/discourse

and bookmark feature would be nice too.

1 Like

Hey guys still haven’t received anything from you after a month

@QuincyLarson

1 Like

Great initiative! @QuincyLarson
I have articles hosted on Medium and I am eager to post on freecodecamp news. I have filled out the form and I am waiting for an answer. I have other articles ready to post originally on freecodecamp news.

2 Likes

@QuincyLarson can we get author and image data on the rss feed?

1 Like

same. been about 3 weeks here. its getting frustrating to see other replies being made but nothing about these accounts. id like to be given credit for my stories - one of which is a top hit on google driving traffic to fcc. :angry:

This article’s code snippets are broken:

Yes, that one.
It should look something like this:

people = [
  {
    first_name: "Gary", 
    job_title: "car enthusiast", 
    salary: "14000" 
  },  
  {
    first_name: "Claire", 
    job_title: "developer",