Hello fellow web geeks,
Thank you for taking part in helping me debug this React app… React is the popular framework facebook is buiilt on and it works really well with node js.
For this repo to fire up the application to help test or debug its easy…
Step1: Download the repo to the file location you like… I keep mine in a "sites: folder.
Step2: Open the file manager on Linux navigate to the file folder “ReactWeather” of course after you unzipped it and right click to open in terminal… do this 2 times one for webpack and one to load the site on local host… type: “webpack -w” in one terminal and “node server.js” in the other… this will build the app then load it on local host.
Step3: Open a 3rd instance of react weather for your desired text editor I use atom because it doesnt crash like brackets used to… it handles large apps in other words over 30k files.
Issue#1 I went on to the chrome console and changed it back to “url(…/sarah-lake-tahoe.png”) as you suggested above
In the console it did not change anything for me… my React instructor provided 4 ways to embed images into applications here on this download link> http://files.mead.io/1e091P3H2h09 . It shows the packages needed to do it different ways with the css. Yet so far I have only got a broken image… not sure how to load his application to look further… I have locally added his packages for this “file-loader” & “url-loader” via npm and still debugging now… I hope you learn valuable things from this as well because it seems really powerful so far… Your essentially injecting all your html in a modular pattern… your also then converting jsx to js for the bundled output… Not sure why my css doesnt seem to load… hopefully this wont take to long to figure out… im on day #3 now… someone knows exactly how to do this… Thank you guys for your help…
NOTE: YESSSSSSSSSS I FINNNNALLLLY GOT THIS THING OOOOOOMMMMYYYY GAAAAWD IT WORKS!!! SUUUPER EXCITED… that solution above worked I needed to change the local folder to img instead of images then put the two dots to jump out of the file… this didnt seem to work last night when I tried it…
SECOND NOTE still needs a little cleaning up…a broken image file exists on top and i need to handle @media query some how for device compatibility yet this is a HUGE progress here…thank you so much… feel free to practice on these apps there really nice… Im going to upload the new one to git so the link reflects new changes… Thanks again!!!