Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Hello Everyone! I am Alex and my goal is to get certified as a full stack Dev. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey there!
Iā€™m Javi, a Spanish guy living in the UK.

I did a degree in media and graphic design and while I quite like the latter, web development always appealed to me as well.

So last year I started reading programming books that taught me a lot (mainly front-end).

I have been a camper for two days now, I want to keep learning and I think this is a good platform to do so. Also the whole portfolio initiative is essential in this industry!

Looking forward to meeting fellow campers!
Regards.

4 Likes

Hi. I am here to find myself first. Almoust all the time I was pretty good at any subject. I had a good marks at school and university. But after I just cant find what I really like the most. So I am trying to learn something new to me at my 27. And maybe developing is my future.

6 Likes

Hi,I am Sandeep and now pursuing Bachelors degree.I am very eager to know how website works and want to create one.I had completed HTML and CSS in Freecodecamp and would like to complete those projects

4 Likes

Hey all.

Iā€™m jumping into code to both satisfy my need for a mentally stimulating pastime and to get into a new career.
Any tips and tricks are appreciated, thanks!

3 Likes

I am a computer science student in his second year.
I am getting a degree in computer science.
I have self studied Python. I have learned C++ in school. Some C was learned at school.

3 Likes

Hello,
my name is Jakob, i am from Germany. I have some experience with java and would like to improve my programming skills. I really enjoy the Challenges and canā€™t wait to start the projectā€™s

4 Likes

Hi! My name is Laura and Iā€™m a languages teacher who decided to get to learn how to code. I wanted to go back to school and make part of an ongoing learning community and I think the web and coding provides just that. Iā€™m finishing a short certificate (16 months) on multimedia/web programming production. Iā€™ve recently started the Free Code Camp program to reinforce and consolidate the topics I was introduced to in my certificate. Iā€™d like to be good in javascript and construct web/mobile apps.

3 Likes

Hi coders. My name is Miroslav and Im from Serbia. I started to learn coding 2,5 month ago. Love to learn new things and meet new ppl.

3 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Katie. Iā€™ve been doing front-end development since October of last year. I completed a ten week front-end bootcamp in downtown Detroit at a great tech teaching place called Grand Circus. We really dove into JavaScript, HTML, and CSS. We touched upon many others like AJAX, JSON, AngularJS, Gulp, Grunt, Sass, and learned to navigate through the basics of Git and GitHub. Since graduating I havenā€™t had as much motivation to create websites as I thought I would so Iā€™m jumping into freecodecamp to keep my skills sharp and continue to strengthen them!

7 Likes

Hello everyone!
I am Mateusz, currently stationing in UK near Cambridge.
Iā€™m an electroengeneer that loves games, pen and paper RPGs, fantasy, science fiction, anime and everything associated with those genres. Recently I acquired a new fascination, it is called programming.

I started learning programming in order to create games after my boring work. But then something clicked and here I am trying to change my hobby into a job.

I am able to write simple programs with C# or build websites with HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Recently I learned how to program using Node.js but after long unsuccessful campaign for programming and web development jobs I decided to give this CodeCamp a try.

Right now it is a nice solidifying of my knowledge.

Cheers! Stay smiling :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My name is Steve, sometimes I like Esteebae.

Iā€™m learning to code becuase I enjoy it, thouroughlyā€¦ and there is a lot of future career oppurtunity available. Why not make a career out of something I enjoy?

Iā€™ve been learning to code through HTMLDog, but I came here because I find the lessons/challenges to be super helpful and constructive.

5 Likes

Hi everyone! I am Duy Nguyen. I am pursuing a Bachelor of Computer Engineering degree at University of Texas at Arlington. I learn to code to prepare for my future career. In addition, I want to make a little money by creating some websites through a freelancer website while learning to code. I have just started to code for about 4-5months. I hope that I can achieve my dreams and be able to learn as many computer languages as I can, create some new creative things that can be helpful for our lives.

2 Likes

Hi, my name is Tony.

Iā€™m in college right now as a Computer Science & Engineering major. Iā€™m learning code here on freeCodeCamp because I would like a change of pace and work on my own stuff while learning new things. Also, I like doing more fun things than the typical college curriculum which is a bunch of boring code and algorithms that many front-end developers donā€™t want to do (like me).

Iā€™ve been coding for 4 years now, started in high school with simple HTML and CSS, then moving on to college (3rd year).

4 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m Juan Salvatore, Iā€™m learning code because I would love to work programming at a startup. Iā€™studied the first two yars of CS at university, but it was all math and I got really bored and lost the motivation. I did CS50, harvardā€™s free CS course, and now Iā€™m planning to learn full stack here at FreeCodeCamp, while I major in audiovisual design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My name is Julianna, and I am learning to code so I can be an inventor. So far, Iā€™ve been taking lessons from Free Code Camp, and am happily advancing my knowledge.

2 Likes

Iā€™m a 31-year-old administrative assistant who just gave her two-weeksā€™ notice. I hold a BA in German Studies with a Music minor, and this job just wasnā€™t for me. There are few German-related opportunities in my area of the country.

Iā€™m learning to code so that I can become a web developer and earn more, live anywhere, and work at a company that respects me and treats me well. Iā€™m learning to code so I can renew my self-respect and use my intelligence to create value for nonprofits and businesses that make a difference in the world.

Iā€™ve been learning to code by attending local classes, hack-a-thons and meetups by Girl Develop It, Free Code Camp, and The Iron Yard. Iā€™m deciding whether to attend a paid code camp as well.

3 Likes

Hi all. Yu, want to update my coding skills, and liking the freecodecamp tools for learning.

3 Likes

Hello!

Iā€™m Alex and Iā€™m learning to code for a career change but also because itā€™s fun. I am a complete newbie but hopefully in a couple of months I will have learned many things. Iā€™ve only been coding for about a month now. Hope everyone else learns a lot from this as well!

1 Like

Hello! My name is Julian! I am 22 years old. I just graduated from UHWO (University of Hawaii at West Oahu) with my degree in Economics. I just sent in my application for the Navy for Officer Candidate School. I probably will not hear back until April; and if I get accepted, I will not leave until the end of year! During that time, I want to learn as much as I can about coding, while still enjoying all of the great things to do on this island. I want to learn this because it is clearly a meaningful and evolutionary skill! I am certain that learning it will only help me in my life. I have just been learning through code camp so far. I think the site is so resourceful and brilliant. Thank you!

4 Likes