Welcome to freeCodeCamp's forum

Hi @eco, if you’re just starting out maybe give the 2019 Web Developer Roadmap written by Quincy a read to get an overview of the technologies out there that you may choose to become familiar with. Then you will most likely want to begin with the Responsive Web Design Certification curriculum over at learn.freecodecamp.org.

Welcome!

Ha! First newbie-post. Lovely :honeybee:

Hi everyone, I’m Ludovica from Italy, 25 years old.
I’m a visual and communication designer employed in a theatre. I follow actors and actress in their performance, taking care of them and their digital presence (and often solving their offstage-drama).

I’d like to learn coding since I would expand my activity and challenge myself developing skills beyond graphic design and animation.

Dreaming about being a kind of digital nomad.

Thanks you all,

and enjoy learning!

2 Likes

Hi, everyone!

My name is Rachel. Currently living in Wichita, KS. Originally from Austin, TX.

I am a former animator, now a part-time work-at-home mom doing graphic design projects here and there. I am learning to code to improve my skill set and job prospects. My goal is to go back to work full-time as a front end developer and eventually build up to full stack.

I figured out the basics of HTML in high school by trial and error, but as for recently I’ve been learning mostly from freeCodeCamp. I started out at W3Schools, but switched when I discovered FCC has the better reputation. Plus, I really appreciate the community support provided here.

2 Likes

Hi! everyone :sunglasses::sunglasses:
My name is Adeola. I’m new here.

I’m a recent graduate of Geography and I love to code but I’m new to code. Being on this platform, I think is the best choice I ever made. I would love to become a full-stack programmer and nothing can stop me now.

Thanks for having me…

2 Likes

I am Abdullahi A. Ladan.

I am learning code to establish a frontend services providing company.

It’s kind of fun with CSS and HTML so far

1 Like

Hi Ricardo! Welcome to FCC! I am also from Porto, and currently learning Javascript.
We have a facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/free.code.camp.porto/
Best wishes,
Teresa

2 Likes

Hey there,

i’m Jake from NY/NJ , USA, My backround is in Music, Audio Engineering, IT but brand new to learning code and have wanted to dig in for years and as a kid but was intimidated ( still am to a point) i really enjoy creating things, problem solving. Thanks FCC for this great site and forum.

4 Likes

Hey am G_Lite am a web developer front_end to be specific. would also want to be a full stack developer

1 Like

Hi I am Heather. I am from Wichita. I understand CSS and HTML pretty well. I have played a little with other coding. I am new to this website

1 Like

Hi Free Code Camp!!!)My name Yegor!I want to learn to program more and advise beginners something!) it is so interesting!)

1 Like

Hi people, Im Carol From Brazil. Im here to learn and to teach others :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello FCC community! I’m from Portland OR and I’m here to learn how to build things I find interesting.

1 Like

Hello I am Hamza from Ghana, Africa. Growing up i have always wanted to learn about computers and how they work i wasn’t really sure on what i want to do but as time passed and after several research i decided to start coding, I have learnt bit of coding from other sites but nothing as structured as on here. Hope I become better as time goes on :smile:.

1 Like

Hi everyone, the name is Rhyan and I’ve offically relocated to Dayton, OH from Chicago! New to coding and am looking to start a career in this field. Ive started on HTML and CSS so far and have only been doing it for a week. Im enjoying it greatly. Are there any group meetups in Dayton area for study sessions?

1 Like

Hi Rhyan,

Welcome to the freeCodeCamp forums!

I lead a small group of freeCodeCampers and self-learners who meet in the Loop. I’m not officially part of freeCodeCamp.org, just a volunteer Study Group Leader. As a fellow freeCodeCamper we’d love to meet you some time.

If you’re on Facebook, our Loop specific study group has a Facebook group you can find here:
freeCodeCamp Chicago Loop

There is also a generic (meaning to say not area-specific) Chicago group on Facebook here:
Free Code Camp Chicago Study Group

We are on Slack as well, if you’d like to join in there here is an invite link:
freeCodeCamp Chicago Loop Slack

And finally, there is a Google Calendar I add the freeCodeCamp Chicago Loop Study Group meetups to here:
Chicago Loop Study Group meetups (I typically add new Sunday events the week of so they’re not out there far in advance; just wanted to note that if you see it currently looks empty of events.)

1 Like

I am brand new to coding but I look forward to learning. My name is Bambi. I want to learn coding in order to expand what I am capable of and possibly make supplemental income out of it. I have not learned anything about coding. This website was my first stop. Pleasantly surprised so far.

1 Like

Hi All

New on the forum. Started my full-stack Odin journey in January. Looking to facilitate a career change at 42 as i have always been interested for a long time but never had the time to.

Currently working my way through the first parts of the course and really enjoying it, will be starting my own little side project to utilise what i have learnt already

Thanks
Mark

1 Like

Hi! :wave:
I am Heather
I am learning to code for several reasons, one, I am a blogger and I want to be able to tweak my pages to be what I want. Two, my partner has several businesses and my ability to code successfully on some level could help him out, but freeing him up from helping me and spending time on his own sites and such. And three, maybe, it will provide some satisfaction and some monetary return. :slight_smile:
As for learning, I earned half a CS degree when I was younger and I have always been around computers on some level. I picked up the ability to do some basic editing of written HTML over the years, but as the number of languages grew my hesitation to learn them did as well. I wasn’t really sure that I still had the mindset for coding that I had had for programming. But, you will not know what you are capable of until you try! :smiley:

1 Like

hey everyone,
I am maede, a 17 year-old Iranian student living in Tehran. I have no experience with coding .
I hope that I will learn something new and in the future use that knowledge .

1 Like

Hi. I am a simple enthuziast that learns from youtube lessons.

1 Like