What do I need to do to get one of these jobs?

WHAT SHOULD BE MY FIRST STEP TO GETTING THIS JOB AND AT WHAT TO FOCUS, TO BE JOB READY FOR THIS FOR MARCH 2019 HOW MANY HOURS A DAY SHOULD I PUT TO STUDY I WORK 10 HOURS SO I ONLY HAVE 1 OR 2 BEFORE A GO TO SLEEP EACH DAY. IF I HAVE 0% KNOWLEDGE OF PROGRAMMING ITS A SMALL COMPANY NOT TECH. IM DEDICATED AND SELF LEARNER. WHEN I HAD MY PROGRAM CLASS AT HIGH SCHOOL OF C++ AND SQL NOT EVEN THE TEACHER KNEW HOW TO BUT FOR MY FINAL PROYECT I REALLY LIKED CREATING MY OWN WEB PAGE AND MY FLASH BANNER ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AND FOR THAT TIME I WAS AN AMAZING EXPERIENCE.

THEY HAVE 2 JOB POSTING

1. EMAIL MARKETER
    COMPETENCIES
    BA/BS or equivalent working experience.
    Past experience with sales and/or marketing.
    Proficiency in understanding and acting upon web and email analytics.
    Analytical and able to derive meaning from raw data.
    Proficiency in email marketing, lead nurturing, and marketing automation technology.
    Good understanding of social-media marketing.
    Great writer and communicator (in both the written and verbal form).
    Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
    The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.

2. WEB DESIGNER
    COMPETENCIES
    Candidate must have a strong understanding of UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards.
    The position requires constant communication across teams.
    Experience in planning and delivering
    Ability to think creatively around problems and deliver working solutions
    Deep expertise and hands on experience with Web Applications and programming languages such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, JQuery, Liquid and API’s.
    Functional knowledge with Web Services (REST, SOAP, etc …) is a bonus
    Strong knowledge of WordPress and other popular CMS platforms
    QUALIFICATIONS
    JavaScript, JQuery, HTML, HTML5, CSS, CSS3, Web Programming Skills, E-Commerce, Teamwork, Verbal Communication, cross-browser compatibility, Web User Interface Design (UI), Object-Oriented Design, Web Services (REST/SOAP)

1 Like

Those job descriptions tell you exactly what you need.

1 Like

you are absolutely right about that

Ok since rhey had them in the same category in the job description i thought they were almost the same in some sense.
If i do an hour daily what amount of time can i complete the free code camp exercises like in 6 months ?

Maybe it would be more easy if i learn the marketing and maybe get the job before march and continue studying the fcc course?

Email Marketer…this sounds like an entry level account job. Meaning you’ll send…maybe write some copy, set up emails in the ESP. That’s not a dev job (unless they are really sucky to work for and aren’t upfront.) Generally they want a degree in marketing or several years working in marketing.

Designer…Exactly what it says (though this looks like you need design and coding skills). Now those languages and libraries, and CMS platforms. I’d be wary, as it looks like a unicorn job ( you have to know and do everything).

1 Like

I have experience in customer sales in store not online because i live in small town.
I studied psychology. But i really dont have that much experience in web things.
I wanna learn because i wanna do an intership in a church organization they help a lot of people from sex traffic. Its in 7 months and 4 being an intern so i wanna apply to work after overall it would end in august 2019.

The email job is going to be more of a client hand holding job, from that description you would not be working in the dev side. At most you may have access to the ESP for numbers and analytics. But they don’t list the ESP so that’s a red flag.

The other one…it’s going to take time to learn these things, but August 2019 is fairly doable. You won’t be an expert, so I don’t know about that job specifically but learning, getting a good portfolio together, it is possible. I think it will be tough though.

I would like to think that they have a senior that could help me out because in general all their web and marketing looks good.

With respect, that’s not how this works.

They will expect you to know these things, be able to create a fully functional website using those technologies. If you can’t at that point do that, you won’t last long.

1 Like

Yeah like in anything you have to do. Or you have the skills or not.