What do you do for fun?

You’re not alone. I haven’t really played video games since Super Mario 64. I try every once in a while, but I lose interest. Plus, I’m really really really bad at video games.

3 Likes

I don’t play many games anymore either. I just signed up for some rock climbing but my favorite thing is Parkour and free running. Paragliding sounds fun but I haven’t gotten to try it yet.

I’m thinking about building an app to connect free runners in my area :slight_smile:

Anyone else here into parkour type stuff?

3 Likes

Haha ya FUGS is pretty insane. I have always loved sorcery in this series which was my first playthrough. I loved being ‘that guy’ running around with the sage’s big hat laughing the whole time. The one I’m doing right now is a pure dex/bleed build on ng.

I also love doing challenge runs too but haven’t done any crazy ones yet on ds3. I plan on eventually doing a bow only run and the obligatory soul level one run though.

1 Like

That’s where I’m at right now! Haha I started as deprived for my dex build and and killed him so it’s all the armor I’ve got. Always a fun time being a half naked warrior in dark souls! XD

1 Like

Hey Overwatch fellas.
I like to play video games when I need to take a break - mostly Overwatch, sometimes Rocket League.
BTW, I like playing as Tracer, Bastion and Zenyatta.

2 Likes

Watch Movies, In love with the Marvel Cinematic Universe. My favorite movie is probably The Dark Knight

2 Likes

Working out, video games, and watching NBA. I used to spend a lot of time with games and watching sports, but a lot of that time goes to coding now.

With working out, I usually ride my bike to the gym and lift. With games, I play all kinds. I recently finished Watch Dogs 2 (if you’re intrigued by hacking and tech, definitely check it out). I still have Pokemon Moon on deck (I’m probably about half way through). I only play if I’m truly satisfied with the amount of time I spent coding. Also, I’ve been playing Code Combat which is actually pretty fun and helpful.

I love NBA and NFL (and occasionally MMA), but games are pretty long. I rarely watch a game from beginning to end these days. I always have that voice in the back of my head saying “You could be learning right now…”

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts! Didn’t expect so many people would reply, but it’s nice to see of course. :slight_smile: And good to know there seem to be a lot of gamers as well!

@P1xt Good to know you’re a gamer as well! Seems you like RPGs like me, hehe. I haven’t played Skyrim yet but will buy it for my PS4 soon. How’s Dark Souls 3? I’ve heard it’s really hard like the others. I have Demon’s Souls, but I haven’t gotten around to playing it yet.

@IsaacAbrahamson Yeah definitely agree with the playing musical instruments part! I’ve been playing guitar for about 9 years. I used to play for hours everyday but lately I’ve been playing much, much less.

1 Like

I always wanted to get into Parkour!

1 Like

70 to 100 books a year??? :scream::scream::scream::scream: WOW

1 Like

I contrast that with 70-100 pages a year. :3

I don’t have an active social life…
(I also spend 10+ hours/week commuting, which will get you pretty far in your reading.)

That’s pretty impressive. Do you use audio books or you actually read them on your commute?

I drive my commute, so those are audiobooks.

Do you happen to live near Indianapolis? There is a great local gym here that has Parkour group classes. You should check to see if they have one near you and that will help you connect with other people who do it too.

I fix up old vehicles and tractors.
I took Jim Rohn’s advice to work harder on yourself than you do on anything else, so continuous education is also important to me. I try to find as much free education as I can.

1 Like

Hey Gwen!! I joined here and have been working on this the past few days :smile:

Same here…
or used to until a 3TB HDD crashed on me and lost 2TB of data… (Kontakt Libraries, Omnisphere, Serrato, the works…)

Didn’t touch the keyboard ever since (negative anchor…)

I still play the acoustic guitar in my breaks

& I consider myself a gamer but I haven’t really gamed seriously in a long time.
Waiting to fix my desktop PC so I can boot up Elite Dangerous one more time… but I’ll do that after I earn money from coding.

I do calisthenics body workout, among other things…

I like to mix it up a bit… used to do reading, gaming, binge watching netflix. bands at the local rock’nroll club… checking out local indie movie theaters… brunches with friends… hanging out with the local BM community for art events…

used to do a ton of gaming but i moved a year ago and just didn’t set up my system after that… free’s up time to practice coding actually…

and the last few years i haven’t gone out so much because i do improv and tech shows in the local comedy community, so that’s where my social events time is spent

Edit: forgot to add that my Saturday’s are busy with coffee and podcasts…